Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First here's a pic.

Opteron overclocking to 3ghz is pretty easy.As u see in the pic i used those settings.With vcore of 1.55 i hit 2.95ghz, imagine a vcore of 1.65 ill proly hit 3.1ghz with air cooling. Opty = insane cooling.

Timings ( defualt = 2-2-2-5 )
Timings (2) 2.5-3-3-7 2T
Vcore 1.55 ( MAX, here comes the climax of all this overclocking thingy, if i can hit 1.6vcore i would've got 3ghz easily)
HTT x3
FSB 268
MEM MAX CLOCK 333MHZ
multi x11
Vdimme 2.85
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My point is, any kind of stepping for opteron is Overclox well, so dont let the forum guys yell at u teling u ( u mite get crap stepping they rall good
). However, opty is proofed by personal experince its cooler than the Venice 3500+ . I advise anyone who wants a good overclock and good cool cpu, i suggest an opty.Once i get new MoBo that allows me higher vcore ill post my results with 3ghz hopefully
. For now iam going to start to look for a mod for this Mobo.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Very nice OC.. what is the date code

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PROBN4LYFE

Very good work....
What's that program you're using to stress test...(I haven't been home lately)

primetest u can download it off this attachment

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke

Very nice OC.. what is the date code

meh i dunno lol , i was in rush when i had to install and put the big typhoon on top of it, and iam not willing to take it out again lol. TTBT = pain in a**

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
good stuff! i got mine running at 3.0 @ 1.6v.

im waiting on my new memory so i can run 1:1 on my 273 x 11 setup

im gonna try for 3.1 maybe. and yes...that TTBT is a PAIN to put in! took me 2 tries =\\

if yours is a CAB2E, it might be a 5405 CPAW like mine. or u can tell everyone that so u dont have to take the TTBT off, lol

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah mine is same as urs

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
nice overclock again lol. got my sandiego to 2.87 with only 1.4v cant wait till i get my water all in lol i got 3.0 at 1.45. Keep up the good work

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol 1.45!!! prime stable ?

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
no clue lol but i run all my benchmarks inculding pcmark05 and like 20min of prime i get bored easily lol i love this chip
all this on the stock heatsink lol (till i get the water all in then it's time to play)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
dude, dont use a divider with your memory...that memory can run 1:1 with your FSB. You are losing performance by running it the way you are.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope iam not. But can u explain a little further!! I mean iam just using 333mhz. What do u wana me to set it at ? Plus timings r changed now

2.5-3-3-7-2T vdimm 2.85

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
you know that memory tab you show in CPUZ, that is your memory speed.
You want your memory divider to be 400, and not 333.
You want your memory timings to be 2.5-3-3-6 1T 2.7v

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
okay ill try that meh and hell if u r right lol.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
try this my friend (your ram wont run a 268fsb at 1:1) do 2.85v with a 333 div and see if that works if so get me a mem tab cpu-z screen.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaWaxShop

try this my friend (your ram wont run a 268fsb at 1:1) do 2.85v with a 333 div and see if that works if so get me a mem tab cpu-z screen.

iam already running that ......

2.5-3-3-7 1t works fine with 2.85 lol but i dunno is there ppl running same ram with ddr400 ?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

how high can your ram voltage go?

in newegg.com specs it says 2.75 but currently iam prime stable on 2.85 u can check that in cpu-z in first post. However, it seems fine at 2.85 but why cant i run ddr400 ? Is every1 like that ? or my memory sux?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:

(your ram wont run a 268fsb at 1:1)

umm...yes it will...that's very excellent TCCD and doesn't like high volts. I wouldn't go over 2.7v.
That memory should be able to run close to 290mhz 1T 2.5-3-3-6. So this leads me to believe, you are setting something wrong.
Read more overclocking guides

1 - 20 of 34 Posts