Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please link also what options do i use to set up

using prime right now for my 980x running 6 hours stable at 4.3 i want to stop it and give linix a run thanks in advanced.

·
Banned
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dfxvoodoo View Post
You mean Linux not linix right?
if you mean Linux there is no answer because there is multiple distro's
liniX w.e the name of that program is how many runs 20 is good?

·
Banned
4,996 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rud3Bwoy View Post
I don't get what you are saying.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rud3Bwoy View Post
Here's the link to the latest version of LinX (this page always has the latest version):

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=201670

As for the settings: read the Read Me file that it comes with, and then you'll be all set. It does a much better job at explaining what I want to explain.

However, there's one thing I want to mention: always, always, always, reboot right before running LinX. In other words, only run LinX when you haven't done one single other thing with your computer after booting up. It should be like this:
  1. Reboot (or simply "Boot up")
  2. Open LinX.
  3. Open temperature monitoring program (like Real Temp or Core Temp).
  4. Maybe even open CPU-Z.
  5. Start the LinX test
But again, be sure to read the Read Me file that it comes with.

Edit: 3dfxvoodoo, take a look at which forum this is posted in. If he meant Linux, then this wouldn't be in the Intel CPUs forum; it would be in the Operating Systems forum, or some other forum like that. Plus, look at his OP: he's talking about stress testing.

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
It's a stability tester called LinX.

I'm using 0.6.4

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
lmao @ the guy posting linux. Yea people recommend at least 50. everyone has there own preference. i did 20 on mine only.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
lmao @ the guy posting linux. Yea people recommend at least 50. everyone has there own preference. i did 20 on mine only.
lol I know. I only knew he meant "LinX" because of the context clues.

Anyway, the Read Me file that comes with LinX says that 50-100 runs using the largest problem size possible is recommended. Anything else is just a quick check.

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
Quote:

I guess his name being 3dfxVoodoo had nothing to do with it. xD

I did mine with 20 passes, using Windows Live Messenger, playing WinAmp, and uTorrent running in the background.

I'm pretty sure it's stable. Now, to update my BIOS so I can get my RAM to boot @ 1000Mhz and higher.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
lol I know. I only knew he meant "LinX" because of the context clues.

Anyway, the Read Me file that comes with LinX says that 50-100 runs using the largest problem size possible is recommended. Anything else is just a quick check.
only reason why i did 20 is because i did 12 hours prime 20 runs linx 20 runs intel burn test while watching a movie through all of them. plus im only at 1.25 volts so.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

only reason why i did 20 is because i did 12 hours prime 20 runs linx 20 runs intel burn test while watching a movie through all of them. plus im only at 1.25 volts so.
But LinX and IBT use the exact same linpack test.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Quote:

But LinX and IBT use the exact same linpack test.
oops ._.maybe ill run it again another day set it to 50.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

oops ._.maybe ill run it again another day set it to 50.
Be sure to get the most out of Linpack by manually setting LinX to the largest problem size that it will allow you to. You can go even higher when you run LinX first thing immediately after booting up. But the more things you do with the computer prior to running linpack, the smaller the maximum problem size will be.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Quote:

Be sure to get the most out of Linpack by manually setting LinX to the largest problem size that it will allow you to. You can go even higher when you run LinX first thing immediately after booting up. But the more things you do with the computer prior to running linpack, the smaller the maximum problem size will be.
yea i had it running at 25000 and then it wouldnt let me do it so i closed my browsers and it was able to run after that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts