Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the lattice project shut down. How unfortunate, I was going to run some more of that.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
It's a shame that another biology project shutdown. I also would have liked to crunch more GARLI WU's.
frown.gif

Even though they used loads of ram and usually ended in computation errors.
thinking.gif

·
Premium Member
5,985 Posts
I think it's been down for some time. I would have liked to run it more but the project wasn't setup for it to be main project.

They went from tasks that were only several seconds to tasks that lasted weeks. No word from an admin for months upon months. Last I checked several months ago the site wasn't even working.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah, I got some spare parts slapped together just in time to run one unit, then start another. I found a functional e-mail address shortly after it crashed, the person on the other end said they'd had major equipment failure and had no plans to restart the project at that time.

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
I always wanted to run it for a while due to being a biology one, but... Never could get the site to work, or actually get work units.

Sad to see another one go, but at the same time if it wasn't really working in the first place (or it was down for months on end...)

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
I will miss having my 2P fully maxed out, using all four GPUs, all the CPU cores, and over 110GB of memory.

I hope another project comes along that has some ridiculous hardware requirements, just to keep things interesting.
:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tictoc View Post

I will miss having my 2P fully maxed out, using all four GPUs, all the CPU cores, and over 110GB of memory.

I hope another project comes along that has some ridiculous hardware requirements, just to keep things interesting.
biggrin.gif
Me too, kinda doubt it though, seems like a lot of work to specifically target a tiny niche user base. But it was nice to have a semi-legitimate reason to pair 16GB of RAM with a single core Sempron 140.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts