Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to make a video of myself dancing the Charleston dance for my history class. I would like to layer 2 videos so I can be my own partner in the video, please, can I have a link to a free program I can download to make this video with? I am using a Gateway, pc, thank you so much for the help!

·
Banned
216 Posts
You can get Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9 which is a fully functional program for 30 days. Might as well take advantage of that.....

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/.../moviestudiope

I would say the easiest way to pull this off would be with chroma key (green screen). What you would need to do is go to Wal Mart and get 9 or so green posterboards and glue them together to form your green screen. Then hang it up on the wall and light it really well. Setup your camera so it only capture the screen and then film your dance portion. Sony Vegas has a option for chroma key in the effects and then you can use that for that video and underlay the other dance portion. Presto, you are dancing with yourself.

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
You can only do this with Adobe After Effects.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coma
View Post

You can only do this with Adobe After Effects.

No, many can do it.

Sony Vegas trial is a good idea, if you have OSX, Final Cut Pro is great

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
Tired. I thought he wanted to cut himself out and then place himself, but I guess he could just mirror it (or shoot it twice, one from each side), then sync it...

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
I really don't think that's what he means. I figure he wants to record two videos from the same position (of the camera), then crop from alternating sides and stack them horizontally.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Yes, that is true. After actually seeing a video of how the dance goes it would seem the better choice to crop them and stack them. The dance is a linear one so with the subject moving back and forth in a straight line you could easily split it. Of course there will be a missing arm or two in the video... but this is for a history class, not a film festival, LOL.

Personally I would use this as an excuse to ask the hottest chick in my history class if she wanted to "learn some moves" and film the whole thing, no green screen or cropping required

1 - 8 of 8 Posts