Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is all you need the S-video plug to hook your tv up to a computer as a second display? i tried it but it only got through booting the bios and would not display windows on the tv. Advice is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
yea.. this isnt going to work to well ... the resolutions are different I think

if you have ATI catalysts .. there is abutton to click under displays that lets you choose the displays you want

I did the same thing on a regular Tv but the resolutions were sooo messed up and ugly

it wasnt worth it...

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

is all you need the S-video plug to hook your tv up to a computer as a second display? i tried it but it only got through booting the bios and would not display windows on the tv. Advice is greatly appreciated

It is all you need in hardware yes but in order for it to be one more than just on boot up you need to go to the vid cards control pannel and select tv out so then you can have a tv/s-video signal out.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it doesnt say both monitors

it says :
start button display
next display
last display
samsung syncmaster (display 1)

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

is this wat ur talkin about?

Not quite sure what you have in that control pannel but here in mine set up for vga and s-video out.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by systemaxd

Not quite sure what you have in that control pannel but here in mine set up for vga and s-video out.

mine doesnt look like that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts