Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k its seems to be a well-known fact that crt's are better for gameing yet ppl still brag about their rig and their lcd. guess some are in it just to say they have it

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Indeed, claiming that a crt is much better for gaming, isn't "that" true anymore.. there are plenty of lcds screen with low ms, so no ghosting there. I got a lcd screen, did notice ghosting in the beginning, but i love it, it's so sharp

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
look it up yourself, crts are still better... that doesnt mean lcds are bad, quite the contrary, lcds are great, but crts are better

but Im also a graphic designer... if you dont do anything that really requires a crt, then stick with what works for you

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the nut: thats what i thought, and ive asked around in alot of forums not just here. but, takes all kinds

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
indeed, exactly why I said stick with what works for you... I would like to set up multi lcds for my workstation but crts, at the moment, are just better for what I do

gator: you could always put your desk right against the wall, cut a hole in the wall and push half the crt into the hole, voila, mini crt...

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
or just install/get a desk with a sliding keyboard table something like that, my set up work pretty well and i have crt and still plenty of space for all my candy wrappers, bowl, d-rug baggies, cd's, 5.1 surround, nostromo, u get the idea i just used the slider for the mouse and nostromo and set the keyboard under monitor

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
I got mine beacuse it matched my speakers

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
I want an 1920x1200 CRT. We have a Hi-Def CRT tv, why can't they do that for monitors. Thats the only reason i would want that 24" Dell LCD.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I wouldnt want a 1900x1200 monitor because you definately couldn not play games at the res unless you have GTX's in SLI at a resonable framerate....my new 1280x720 27" will be perfect for my needs becasue I still get HDTV and I dont need to get another GFX card in order to run games with the framerate I want, and it's slim

So I killed a nest of bird with 1 stone

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
I play all my games at 1600x1200, plenty of high end games and they run just fine at my comp

I want a multi monitor setup with each monitor having a res above 1600... that way all the audio and graphic work I do can have the biggest layout possible... its annoying working on 1600x1200 wallpapers and working in audio environments when Im at 1600x1200, too much damn scrolling and closing/ reopening dialogs...

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
yeah, once I have enough money, Im going for something from 9X or ZenView ...
... nah, Ill definitely be building it myself but those sites give me lots of ideas

·
Banned
60 Posts
Before my new monitor for x-mas I was running 2x P1110 21" Flat CRT's. I absolutely love them. I am currently running my Sony 24" WS and one of my P1110s on my main computer. The 2ndary (P1110) also being my monitor for my server, b/c it has 2 inputs on it. Until the price drops dramatically on LCD's I will stick with my CRT's as I have plenty of desk space.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
hey, I live in WA too... why dont you toss me one of those P1110s for my upcoming DAW...

·
Need moar megahertz
852 Posts
i use a Benq 8ms 17" lcd at work and 19" Samsung 997 crt at home,crt looks better for me,richer/sharper colors and better luminance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts