Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if any1 got this card can u give me a link for its latest drivers ? also wat is ur max temps mine idle 57-59 if room is warm. Well suprisingly it dosnt go higher tha n 62 full load :S dunno why its hot when its idle :S. Also wat core/mem u guys got on it ? and how to use every single performance outta of it . lol i know that sounded weird but any1 did anythin to it to make it perform better ?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but dosnt leadtek got their own drivers, also wouldnt that be better ?

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kitt3

Yes, but dosnt leadtek got their own drivers, also wouldnt that be better ?

You would have to test that. I got another setup with a Ti4200 and if I use the standard Windows drivers it scores 10800 (3dmark2001) and if I install the latest nvidia drivers for it it suddenly drops to 9400, so new drivers aren't always good you just have to benchmark with different drivers and see what is best for your card.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy

You would have to test that. I got another setup with a Ti4200 and if I use the standard Windows drivers it scores 10800 (3dmark2001) and if I install the latest nvidia drivers for it it suddenly drops to 9400, so new drivers aren't always good you just have to benchmark with different drivers and see what is best for your card.

Yeah i know that Nvidia drivers r made for their own drivers i mean leadtek takes the chips from Nvidia and they make their own.... so in this case Nvidia drivers wouldnt support all GFX out there like BFG, Evga or leadtek.. i went to leadtek website oh boy they've got alll drivers posted there xcept for 6800gt :S am i cursed ?

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
It doesn't really matter what brand you have, nvidia drivers will work.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy

It doesn't really matter what brand you have, nvidia drivers will work.

I know that but they r not specific tho ... lets say if u have 6800 gt once u install nvidia drivers it will read it as 6800 series , while when i installed leadtek drivers from the cd it came with it reads it as 6800gt/ ultra . Anyways i tried nvidias and yeah they lowerds benchmark score
. Well Iam waiting for some1 with a link lol any1 ???????

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kitt3

I know that but they r not specific tho ... lets say if u have 6800 gt once u install nvidia drivers it will read it as 6800 series , while when i installed leadtek drivers from the cd it came with it reads it as 6800gt/ ultra . Anyways i tried nvidias and yeah they lowerds benchmark score
. Well Iam waiting for some1 with a link lol any1 ???????

6800 series means it could be any 6800 card, it will still run as GT though. Well if u score better with your older drivers and Leadtek doesn't have any others, just stick to your old drivers.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There might be but iam not sure of that tho i need confirmation lol from any1 in here he owns same card or any1 who got info about it!!.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have a glalaxy 6800gt - the best drivers i found to work for me were the ones off the battlefield 2 game disk
the latest ones gave me blocks in game.

remember its a good thing to use driver cleaner + nvidia nasty file remover before you do a fresh install of your drivers.

;-)

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I use the Forceware 81.98 drivers from the nVidia website. My temps are around 45c idle and loads up to 60c. I have clocked it to 438/1200 but usually run it at "Ultra" speeds of 400/1100.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by lonnie5000

I use the Forceware 81.98 drivers from the nVidia website. My temps are around 45c idle and loads up to 60c. I have clocked it to 438/1200 but usually run it at "Ultra" speeds of 400/1100.

i go higher on mem but not core , 430 and 1250 !! But is there a leadtek update for this vid ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts