Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Leadtek px7800gt tdh off ebay with an artic silencer on it. Any thoughts on the card?

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
try it out and tell us. LeadTek is usually a pretty good brand.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Pros: Great performance without spending too much (over $xxx), but check your BIOS....

Cons: Like others I had issues with seeing "tearing" or "artifacts". I RMA'd my first card, but the replacement did the same thing when playing games that were demanding. After repeated driver updates, ma... More »
ny emails with leadtek service, and even a complete system rebuild I had all but given up, but after reading SteelBlueXI's review I checked the BIOS settings and noticed that indeed the geometric delta was set to 40. I raised this again with leadtek service. I even copied parts of SteelBlueXI's post, and leadtek delivered a new BIOS for me to flash. Sure enough the new BIOS had the geo delta set to 0. Since I flashed that new BIOS I have not seen any of the original tearing or artifact issues.

Other Thoughts: Thanks SteelBlueXI and thanks newegg for providing the forum for me to solve my problem!

Look at this review lol now does anyone know where i can get the bios in question here to fix IF i get the bios with the 40 delta so i can put it to 0?

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
Yea from those reviews off newegg I would definately check into that bios problem, seems like it occurs alot with that card for some reason. I hope that card works out well for you, should be great. Was it new off ebay?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts