Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what does the load time (during loading into game) depend on?

is it the CPU?

or is it if you put the game onto an SSD?

·
Premium Member
10,755 Posts
Lots of reading from HDD/SSD

Not sure if there's other stuff involved, but with a defragmented decent hard drive, i don't think i was ever last to load - and 0-100 usually shows up before anyone else with a decent (but not the best) ssd

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

Lots of reading from HDD/SSD

Not sure if there's other stuff involved, but with a defragmented decent hard drive, i don't think i was ever last to load - and 0-100 usually shows up before anyone else with a decent (but not the best) ssd
thanks +1 rep
biggrin.gif

but, really quick, can you dumb that down a bit? lol

bolded part is the only part i understood
tongue.gif

and kinda confused on your last sentence

·
Premium Member
10,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMKR View Post

thanks +1 rep
biggrin.gif

but, really quick, can you dumb that down a bit? lol

bolded part is the only part i understood
tongue.gif

and kinda confused on your last sentence
Most people in LoL load very slowly, as the game is popular and lots of people have hard drives, many of them that have not been defragmented etc for months or years (basically.. terrible performance)

Only a minority of HDD users keep their drives performing well, meanwhile SSD owners is another minority, so if you have a fast drive you'll often find yourself loading in 5-10 seconds and sitting in the screen for a minute or three (actually, basically all of the time)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

Most people in LoL load very slowly, as the game is popular and lots of people have hard drives, many of them that have not been defragmented etc for months or years (basically.. terrible performance)
yeah, i know that as long as im not the last one to load, it wont affect me in any way,

but i was wondering cuz my PC that i built (in rig) loads only a little bit faster than my laptop (HDD with i5 3317u)

so i was wondering if load time was dependent on storage device or CPU.

so im guessing its more dependent on having a faster storage ?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the reason why i ask is cuz my PC loads faster than my bros.

and for my bro's pc build, i used the EXACT SAME PARTS.

i load about ~~10-20 sec faster than him consistantly
why so?

·
Premium Member
10,755 Posts
If he has the game on the SSD, the SSD has over 20% free space and they both benchmark the same performance numbers from ssd + mobo on the four benches on crystaldiskmark when it's set the same.. No idea.

Also, the LoL load % is different on every individual PC, you need to physically see his screen to say that - it often says 100% on your screen while showing as 60 for somebody else, for example

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have actually put a little bit of testing into this and I have found that it is almost exclusively based on CPU single threaded performance. For example I took two systems side by side and qued with them both into the same game. One of them was an Oced AMD 8150 (4.6GHZ) with a Crucial M4 SSD. The other was an Intel 2600K at stock running off an old WD 500GB HDD. for 5 games in a row the Intel based system was more than twice as fast than the AMD system. I have also noticed decreases in load times on systems that have been overclocked compared to when they are stock with any CPU I have used.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts