Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The fitting above drips once every hour if I have my Swiftech MP655 pump set at "5" (highest setting) but doesn't drip at all after 24+ hours of leak testing with the MP655 set at "1" (lowest setting). I do not plan to ever set the pump above setting "1" so should I drain the loop and fix the leak or let it run and fix it when I flush the system in about 4-6 months?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,681 Posts
if it were me i wouldnt take any chances and drain the loop and fix the leak
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drained the loop, rancid 90 degree elbow was the problem
mad.gif
, using just a compression now. So far no leaks after an hour *crosses fingers*
 

·
back at it
Joined
·
4,765 Posts
yeah just was going to say if its a pressure related problem, probably because you might not've tightened it so well, or by any chance you didnt place the tube to cover the whole inner parts of the fitting. should not get any leaks with the 5th setting after the first hour imo, the flow rate of the MCP655 are crazy, so if it was clear until now should be clear for a long time, but i would suggest you do a 12/24hr test again to see if there is any. you are jump starting the psu btw right? DO NOT connect any drives if you are afraid of any leaks
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkinos98 View Post

yeah just was going to say if its a pressure related problem, probably because you might not've tightened it so well, or by any chance you didnt place the tube to cover the whole inner parts of the fitting. should not get any leaks with the 5th setting after the first hour imo, the flow rate of the MCP655 are crazy, so if it was clear until now should be clear for a long time, but i would suggest you do a 12/24hr test again to see if there is any. you are jump starting the psu btw right? DO NOT connect any drives if you are afraid of any leaks
thumb.gif
I followed Swiftech's steps to hand tighten the fitting then take a wrench and apply an extra 1/8th of a turn since the fitting was screwed in to the rad (hard maternal) I also double checked the tube was 100% over the barb, to the bottom. The leak happened where the fitting swivels (Won't be buying swivel elbows again if this happens again
mad.gif
). Also yes I am jump starting the PSU but I'm using a external PSU just to be safe. So no power to anything in the system but my pump.
thumb.gif
and I will be doing another 12 hour leak test.

PS. Would a 24 hour leak test be better?
 

·
back at it
Joined
·
4,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollergold View Post

I followed Swiftech's steps to hand tighten the fitting then take a wrench and apply an extra 1/8th of a turn since the fitting was screwed in to the rad (hard maternal) I also double checked the tube was 100% over the barb, to the bottom. The leak happened where the fitting swivels (Won't be buying swivel elbows again if this happens again
mad.gif
). Also yes I am jump starting the PSU but I'm using a external PSU just to be safe. So no power to anything in the system but my pump.
thumb.gif
and I will be doing another 12 hour leak test.

PS. Would a 24 hour leak test be better?
not so much i guess, but if you have another computer i think you can try 24 hours, wouldn't hurt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkinos98 View Post

not so much i guess, but if you have another computer i think you can try 24 hours, wouldn't hurt.
Ok I think I'll just do the 12 hour leak test. I do have another computer but its so old I run Linux on it so it can still have some reflexes
tongue.gif
 

·
back at it
Joined
·
4,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollergold View Post

Ok I think I'll just do the 12 hour leak test. I do have another computer but its so old I run Linux on it so it can still have some reflexes
tongue.gif
okay yeah 12 hours should be enough. and yes, i know that "excuse", our school used to have linux because "it was free" but turns out it was because of the capabilities of the computers were seriously limited (E2160, i mean come on. )
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top