Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K I just found a large puddle of water at the base of my computer again.. I thought I solved the problem by using super glue to cover the tiny crack, but its back again... Im tired of it and Im thinking about getting a new block. I didnt even do anything to the waterblock, the thing just cracked by itself.

Anyone know of a quick fix to this or should I go ahead and purchase a new waterblock perferably of another brand.. Any recommendations? Im using 1/4 tubing. Oh Yea it was the thermaltake gpu waterblock.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodeLf

K I just found a large puddle of water at the base of my computer again.. I thought I solved the problem by using super glue to cover the tiny crack, but its back again... Im tired of it and Im thinking about getting a new block. I didnt even do anything to the waterblock, the thing just cracked by itself.

Anyone know of a quick fix to this or should I go ahead and purchase a new waterblock perferably of another brand.. Any recommendations? Im using 1/4 tubing. Oh Yea it was the thermaltake gpu waterblock.

Personally, I'd drain your system and go to air cooling for now and then get a new block asap. That's an expensive rig, no point risking it

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
How long have you had the system? Try to RMA it the block.

The problem with getting a different block is the tubing size. I know there are some other kits out there that use that size, but I personally would say look into a completely new system. If you aren't afraid to use used parts you can get something really nice for nothing.

If you don't have the money for a new system and the RMA doesn't happen just buy another thermaltake block.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder If they would let me RMA even with the glue all over the block? I called up svc.com and they just told me to fill out the request online so I didnt get a chance to talk to the operator.

I was actuallly thinking about putting a custom w/c, but I dont really know which is best. How much am I looking at If you want to build a new custom w/c, 1/2 tubing cpu and gpu cooled?

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Clean the glue off of it as best you can. They won't take it if it is obvious. If you get it cleaned up enough send it in...If you can't save the postage cost.

It would be about $200 for a new custom depending on what your requirements are.

CPU: Swiftech Apogee $40
GPU: Danger Den MAZE 4 $45
Res or T line: Danger Den ~$15
Tubing: 7/16ID Masterkleer from Jabtech.com $.49/ft
Liquid: distilled water with additive $4
Pump: Danger Den D5 or Swiftech MCP-655 (same pump) ~$75
Rad: 77' Bonneville Heatercore ~$20
Misc fittings and what-not: $20

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey BE,

I concur with the rest--RMA if you can. Why worry about it leaking again?

FYI, I talked with a tech rep for an adhesive company when I had a crack in my water tank, that's made of an unknown translucent-slippery plastic (polyethylene sp?). She recommended a gas tank or radiator patch adhesive from an auto parts store. I didn't try it (rma-ed it), but there you go.

HTH, and stay cool.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool thanks for all the advice. Turns out that I cant rma because its outside the 30 day period. Im going to look up all those parts mentioned and probably build another w/c. Thanks for all the replies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts