Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After this fx-8150 disaster I'm dumping AMD to the curb on cpu's like a bad date.

I recently picked up a formula V motherboard, I've already contacted Newegg about the rma, and it's going threw.

Looking at an I7-2600k, and a motherboard. I've not used Intel sense like a p4, so i'm not up to date on whats happening around here.

I do a ton of gaming, but I'll be recording with fraps, and doing some editing with some of the footage ect. I've lurked around and found that the the reason for getting the 2600k is because of the edition portion. Otherwise I would have gone with a 2500.

I do intend on overclocking the chip so I do want a K series.

I know nothing about intel boards... This is where I could use your help. I'll be otherwise using my sig rig components for my new cpu/motherboard.

I'm upgrading from a 955 c2, so I'm hoping to see some performance increases here.

My budget is essentially 500 for both cpu and motherboard, I could give or take 20-30 bucks if its worth it.

Thanks for the help, I'm looking forward to what you guys recommend. (Also if you have some information or anything you think I might want to know feel free to leave it in a post)

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
the 2600k is just such a great chip, great for overclocking and you will see a HUGE difference in gaming and in normal day to day use

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by twistedbran
View Post

After this fx-8150 disaster I'm dumping AMD to the curb on cpu's like a bad date.

Siged for epicness

Going SB is a great choice.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heh thanks for the replys. That looks like a good board in my price range as well. But any reasons why they arent any other suggestions? Also I won't need to change the memory I'm using correct?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts