Overclock.net banner

LED rocker switch wiring

8093 14
I have a rocker switch with a built in LED im going to use for my cathodes. My problem is, i dont know how to wire it as it didnt come with a diagram. It has two silver post and one "brass" looking post. I figured out with my multi meter the two silvers are my hot leads, whats the other for?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Those switches have make/break the positive supply and have a ground for illuminating the internal light, Typically the brass is ground, the next leg is Vout, and the last leg is Vin; Note: if the voltage supply is connected to the Vout then the light will always be lit.

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts
a terminal block, depending on how you feed it is just going to send 12v + and a - return, just think of it as a voltage base station

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts
if you want to see how I wired my 12v terminal blocks for The Intelligence go the link below and look at those pics (day 56 - finishing 03)

http://www.overclock.net/5099547-post2189.html

basically I fed it 12v from a molex, and made some hops for a second circuit, then took four 3-pin fan connectors and braided the + and - into two groups (parallel) and fed the fans from the TB, eliminating all of the molex splitters and pass-thru's crap from the case

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.