Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rocker switch with a built in LED im going to use for my cathodes. My problem is, i dont know how to wire it as it didnt come with a diagram. It has two silver post and one "brass" looking post. I figured out with my multi meter the two silvers are my hot leads, whats the other for?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
actually, the power will go through the two silver ones and you will ground the copper tab. The light will get power from the tab only when the switch is on and the ground is an "always on" sorta thing.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Those switches have make/break the positive supply and have a ground for illuminating the internal light, Typically the brass is ground, the next leg is Vout, and the last leg is Vin; Note: if the voltage supply is connected to the Vout then the light will always be lit.

·
Premium Member
9,502 Posts
a terminal block, depending on how you feed it is just going to send 12v + and a - return, just think of it as a voltage base station

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Yeah, I would need to see the switch that you are talking about in order to tell you exactly how to connect it. What CR said is dead on though, you are just creating a void in a loop.

·
Premium Member
9,502 Posts
if you want to see how I wired my 12v terminal blocks for The Intelligence go the link below and look at those pics (day 56 - finishing 03)

http://www.overclock.net/5099547-post2189.html

basically I fed it 12v from a molex, and made some hops for a second circuit, then took four 3-pin fan connectors and braided the + and - into two groups (parallel) and fed the fans from the TB, eliminating all of the molex splitters and pass-thru's crap from the case

1 - 15 of 15 Posts