Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some LED sound activated controllers saw these on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Music-Audio-Sound-Driver-RGB-x3-Strip-Light-LED-Controller-12V-60W-w-IR-Remote-/270841706663?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Lighting_Lamps_Lighting_SM&hash=item3f0f6c78a7

Could i just connect it to a 4pin molex for the 12v or something else on the PSU?
also what are the red and black power cables called? to wire to the molex?

sorry for the noob question.
if you only of any other LED sound activated controllers or lighting to stick inside a pc plz link.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
767 Posts
yes you can.

for 12V

the red goes with the yellow wire on the psu molex(extreme).black with black(inside besides the red/yellow).

make sure your psu can handle the extra 60W its gona consume.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much what are the cables though? cos i need to buy some lol

I need red and black and an RGB cable but what their offical names?

·
Registered
767 Posts
the RGB on the box mean RED GREEN BLUE,which stand for the led colours.

the in a red/yellow stands for +ve terminal and black for -ve terminal.so you can connect the box to a male molex accordingly.

also theres not much info about the product on the ebay link u posted.theres a good chance it uses a step down transformer to run it a 12V off the mains.

post a link with full technical details and i will guide you on how to connect it to your pc.

·
Registered
767 Posts
looking at the detailed pics now,

it has a 12Vdc input port and the package contains connecting cables with loose ends.so all you need to do is connect the power cable from the box to a male molex connector.then plug that molex into your psu molex.

·
Registered
767 Posts
well,at the RGB output u connect led strips.

at the 12v input u connect the 12v molex from your psu as i have mentioned in my previous post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts