Overclock.net banner

Left 4 Dead PC layout to simple?

449 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  LegendaryC 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have been playing the demo for Left 4 Dead, and I must say, this game is always different. The zombies do different things to basically try to kill you which makes the game very fun, I thought this was great and plus I have only been playing the demo thus far, I can't wait till the official game comes out.

Now to my comment about the game itself, is it just me or is the games layout like to simple for the PC. I can understand they use this on the Xbox 360 but the 360 doesn't have dedicated servers. It seemed like to me that it wasnt like TF2, CSS, DOD:S which all had the same UI with the windows and favorites etc.

Is there any word that Valve might add some of the features back? I have some dedicated servers that I like playing like Vcheez's 2 servers are great and I would love to have a favorites.

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hal515 View Post
Hey everyone,

I have been playing the demo for Left 4 Dead, and I must say, this game is always different. The zombies do different things to basically try to kill you which makes the game very fun, I thought this was great and plus I have only been playing the demo thus far, I can't wait till the official game comes out.

Now to my comment about the game itself, is it just me or is the games layout like to simple for the PC. I can understand they use this on the Xbox 360 but the 360 doesn't have dedicated servers. It seemed like to me that it wasnt like TF2, CSS, DOD:S which all had the same UI with the windows and favorites etc.

Is there any word that Valve might add some of the features back? I have some dedicated servers that I like playing like Vcheez's 2 servers are great and I would love to have a favorites.
Press ~, and type in "openserverbrowser". If ~ does nothing, enable developers console in the options menu.

The Menu is there it's just hidden.

#4 ·
Wow, I never new that. I love the source engine, it to me seems consistent among all the games from Valve.

EDIT: is there a way I can make it always appear, or do I need to make like a script to do it.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by angrysasquatch
View Post

The demo is a port of the 360 version. Don't worry, the final thing will have all the goods.

Oh really, I thought they were making a very own PC demo, but that makes since now, because during one of my sessions i opened up the ~ by mistake and it kept saying "Achievement Headshot Disabled" like 20 times in a row in there.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by angrysasquatch
View Post

The demo is a port of the 360 version. Don't worry, the final thing will have all the goods.

No, it isn't. The 360 demo is different. The menu background in particular.

The PC demo is the demo of the PC version. It wouldn't make any sense to take the 360 demo, change the background, add graphical options, change control options, change the achievement system to that of Steams for the demo which has achievements disabled, optimize it for the PC, and integrate it with Steam.

That wouldn't make any sense at all actually, which is exactly why they didn't do it. Instead they striped down their current build of the PC version.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.