Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Today we are comparing various quality settings and hardware configurations using Battlefield: Bad Company 2. In doing so we hope to try and help gamers determine what kind of settings they can adjust to maximize their performance and what possible hardware upgrades they could make if necessary to improve performance...
Source.
 

·
PC Evangelist
Joined
·
47,501 Posts
Looks like ATi does so much better in this game. i get 70fps+ with my video cards maxed out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er
View Post

Looks like ATi does so much better in this game. i get 70fps+ with my video cards maxed out.

Do you not get flickering glass and guns with xfire enabled? I still do...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by mdbsat
View Post

Do you not get flickering glass and guns with xfire enabled? I still do...

I don't have a crossfire setup... but when I disable Catalyst A.I. the flickering of guns/water/glass stops. I'm using the 10.3a drivers now and its still doing it but eyefinity works much better, and my vantage score went up 2k
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,444 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by mdbsat
View Post

Do you not get flickering glass and guns with xfire enabled? I still do...

I do too, but if you press alt+enter to exit full screen, then back it fixes it. I have submitted a ticket to ati and they're looking into it. They said my ticket was escalated to the next level.....whatever that means.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by binormalkilla
View Post

I do too, but if you press alt+enter to exit full screen, then back it fixes it. I have submitted a ticket to ati and they're looking into it. They said my ticket was escalated to the next level.....whatever that means.

I don't get the flickering glass/guns, however I do get occasional screen tearing, and I'm running tri-fire at the moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by binormalkilla View Post
I do too, but if you press alt+enter to exit full screen, then back it fixes it. I have submitted a ticket to ati and they're looking into it. They said my ticket was escalated to the next level.....whatever that means.
Thanks. This actually worked for me! +rep
 

·
B.O.W
Joined
·
26,978 Posts
This wasn't much of a tuning guide as it was a benchmark comparing cards and CPUs.
Though, it's very odd that turning the stuff down to Low did little to nothing. The audio settings had more FPS effect!

Quote:


So much so that many have compared it to Crysis. However, great visuals are demanding on hardware and as such DICE recommends fairly serious system specifications.

The game looks nice, don't get me wrong - but it certainly isn't THAT amazing looking and is nothing compared to Crysis. Alot of games on the consoles look better then BFBC2. The weapon skins is some of the most horrible I've ever seen imo.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,444 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdbsat View Post
Thanks. This actually worked for me! +rep
Glad I could help. I actually got that from another member here. I used to switch resolutions to fix it, but this is easier.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top