Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled out my black WMO that's very lightly used and noticed that the right-click often does not register. I have to press it in deeper than usual for it to work. Sometimes actuating the right-click normally works, but often I have to press it harder. I opened it and didn't notice anything off about the microswitches. I cut a tiny piece of card and glued it to the part of the shell that makes contact with the click tab on the microswitch, thinking maybe then I won't have to press it harder than usual. Doing this made my right-click snappier but didn't fix the problem.

Can I do anything to fix this? Is the issue with the microswitch itself? Would really appreciate some pointers.

I should add that this is a legitimate WMO that has been rather lightly used and kept with care. I purchased it years ago and it came in the red retail packaging like this, so I am certain there's no damage to the mouse. Unless the right-click just started dying sitting in my drawer...

·
Registered
657 Posts
With use the switches can become worn-out and develop double-clicking or actuation issues, but just from lying around?
The problem definitely is the switch though of course, probably some bending in the contacts. You can try and actuate it with some force (read: hit it) and hope that will fix it or if it doesn't, replace the switch.

You can also take out the PCB and look at the soldering on that switch. Very unlikely a contact has gone bad but that's about the only other thing it can be.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was afraid the microswitch is a goner. I would've tried to fix the contacts inside but I've moved and don't have the tools anymore. Guess I'll have to demote it to browsing duties. Maybe someone else will be able to suggest something else I could try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts