1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tired
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boyboyd
View Post

If you're using an external adapter, you can build a cantenna. or buy a higher gain airel for your router (this may be illegal in some parts of the world, so check first)

Oh so there is no software way

I will try the Cantenna. Luckily I have a external wireless adapter.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sometimes updating to the latest firmware can help as routers are commonly sold with firmware that is 'functional' but not efficient in its use of the hardware. If your router supports it you should also consider DD-WRT as there is a setting to boost antenna power levels however this results in higher heat levels which if not taken care of will damage your router.

·
Tired
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enthusiast
View Post

Sometimes updating to the latest firmware can help as routers are commonly sold with firmware that is 'functional' but not efficient in its use of the hardware. If your router supports it you should also consider DD-WRT as there is a setting to boost antenna power levels however this results in higher heat levels which if not taken care of will damage your router.

Ahh so this is for my router.

I will try it! Hope it doesn't bust it

If it does I could always just get a new one, I have a old DIR-615 and am in need of upgrading anyway.

EDIT: How do I tell which revision I have of my router?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HarbingerOfLive
View Post

Ahh so this is for my router.

I will try it! Hope it doesn't bust it

If it does I could always just get a new one, I have a old DIR-615 and am in need of upgrading anyway.

EDIT: How do I tell which revision I have of my router?

It should be printed on the label of your router or go to your router's home page and it should say there possibly under model no. or some sort of status tab.

Here's a guide for DD-WRT for your router
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=13599.0

·
Tired
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enthusiast
View Post

It should be printed on the label of your router or go to your router's home page and it should say there possibly under model no. or some sort of status tab.

Here's a guide for DD-WRT for your router
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=13599.0

Ok when I go to my router config page it says my hardware version of B2, but there are no firmware versions for B2

Any other way?

·
Tired
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boyboyd
View Post

In the advanced device options, disable power saving mode for your wifi adapter.

Ok I can't find this, where is this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts