Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source
Quote:
Cooler Master recently announced the Seidon 120M CPU water cooler. Cooler Master entered the All-In-One (AIO) liquid cooler market way back in in 2004 with the Aquagate Series, so they have plenty of experience with liquid cooling. The Seidon 120M CPU water cooler is to be the first in a long line of new AIO liquid solutions from Cooler Master.

CM Seidon 120M CPU water cooler Features:
  • Factory filled with coolant, then sealed and pressure tested - requires zero maintenance for years.
  • Compact and durable all in one waterblock secured with 12 stainless steel bolts.
  • Waterblock machined out of a single block of copper for the best possible heat transfer.
  • Precision machined Micro Channels maximize the water contact surface to quickly dissipate heat.
  • Compact 120mm aluminum radiator fits in virtually any case, internal or external.
  • Fin design optimized for minimum air restriction to reduce fan speed and noise.
  • 120mm PWM fan with a wide RPM range to fine tune and balance fan noise and performance.
  • Blue LED indicator lights up when operating.
Available now on Newegg.

Wonder how well this stacks up against the H60.

·
FinsUp!
2,227 Posts
I guess just another unit to expand their own WC market. Is Eisberg out yet?

·
FinsUp!
2,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumi View Post

Bleh aluminum radiators... when will these AIOs get copper radiators?
They won't

·
PC Evangelist
48,330 Posts
It feels like just yesterday H50 came out and how there are 10s of closed loop solutions to chose from.

·
Registered
203 Posts
In terms of performance, noise levels and build quality: CM Eisberg 120L > CM Seidon 120M

Just as: CM Eisberg 120L > TT Water 2.0 Extreme > Corsair H100 > Enermax ELC 240

That's factoring price as well. Remains to be seen how the newer H100i performs against the other 240s, but in early testing the Seidon 120M hasn't looked particularly impressive, even for a slim 120mm CLC. Again, that's only early testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM MR HAF View Post

+1
It's not an Asetek or Coolit rebrand or manufactured product.
It's not made by AVC for Cooler Master.
Interesting. I had thought it was most likely AVC. It does seem to share some similarities. Certain components sourced from a similar parts supplier, perhaps?

In any event, is this the result of "Project A-L2?"

cooler-master-set-to-2olsm.jpg

I'm most interested in finding out what happened to that waterblock. It's unfortunate CM opted for those terrible hard plastic hoses, instead of flexible rubber hoses. You'll notice Corsair have switched to flexible hoses with their newer CLCs. *hint, hint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

It feels like just yesterday H50 came out and how there are 10s of closed loop solutions to chose from.
Bear in mind, there where multiple solutions to chose from proir to the H50's release. Of course, Corsair have played a major role in the further mainstreaming of AIOs, and broadening the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumi View Post

Bleh aluminum radiators... when will these AIOs get copper radiators?
They may not be CLCs, but the Eisbergs are AIOs, though.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1315869/various-cooler-master-eisberg-prestige-watercooling-aio-reviews

klutten-albums-coolerowj6o.jpg

cooler_master_eisbergx5qb6.jpg

·
Registered
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metric View Post

In terms of performance, noise levels and build quality: CM Eisberg 120L > CM Seidon 120M
Just as: CM Eisberg 120L > TT Water 2.0 Extreme > Corsair H100 > Enermax ELC 240
That's factoring price as well. Remains to be seen how the newer H100i performs against the other 240s, but in early testing the Seidon 120M hasn't looked particularly impressive, even for a slim 120mm CLC. Again, that's only early testing.
Interesting. I'm most interested in finding out what happened to that waterblock. It's unfortunate CM opted for those terrible hard plastic hoses, instead of flexible rubber hoses. You'll notice Corsair have switched to flexible hoses with their newer CLCs. *hint, hint*
Rubber hoses we tested to have too high evaporation loss, we know because we used them in 2009 with the Aquagate Viva, and the original R120 all in one cooler. More recently as you researched we used this on the Aquagate K120 or project AL-2. Project AL-2 is a great story of a product that never was.

We've tested our "plastic" hoses to have far more resistance to evaporative liquid loss. I can't speak for competitors, but I can tell you rubber hoses are much cheaper.

Its always a toss up, would you pay more for a far more true "maintenance free" closed loop cooler with rigid hoses that would last longer. Or take a risk of using rubber hoses which are nicer to bend, but also could dry out faster in some conditions.

Cooler Master prefers offering the longer lifetime, especially on our most entry level Cooler Seidon 120M. And since you cant refill all-in-one coolers, we figure users be happy over the longer lifetime that Seidon 120M could provide.

·
FinsUp!
2,227 Posts
Quote:

Rubber hoses we tested to have too high evaporation loss, we know because we used them in 2009 with the Aquagate Viva, and the original R120 all in one cooler. More recently as you researched we used this on the Aquagate K120 or project AL-2. Project AL-2 is a great story of a product that never was.
We've tested our "plastic" hoses to have far more resistance to evaporative liquid loss. I can't speak for competitors, but I can tell you rubber hoses are much cheaper.
Its always a toss up, would you pay more for a far more true "maintenance free" closed loop cooler with rigid hoses that would last longer. Or take a risk of using rubber hoses which are nicer to bend, but also could dry out faster in some conditions.
Cooler Master prefers offering the longer lifetime, especially on our most entry level Cooler Seidon 120M. And since you cant refill all-in-one coolers, we figure users be happy over the longer lifetime that Seidon 120M could provide.
Nice info. Thanks

·
Registered
447 Posts
This thing is on sale right now at Newegg for $39. Should I bite? I have been interested in one of these inexpensive closed loop units like the H50/60 etc.

I don't think it's going to break me past 4.2ghz but I would imagine it might handle the heat better than my Hyper 212+.

·
⤷ αC
11,278 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm thinking about ordering this from Newegg, but I'm hesitant for some reason. I have always been impressed with CM and I find my HAF 912 to be the best value in my whole machine, so I haven't even considered an AIO until I saw this. Right now, I have a 212 EVO on a 2500k and it works fine (especially for $32), but I'm wanting something with a little better heat dissipation for my new 3770k. Does anyone know if this thing will be a noticeable improvement over the 212 EVO? I can't find a professional review of this thing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Great review! I actually saw that yesterday on Youtube... Right when I was about to jump on this cooler, Newegg raised the price to the MSRP. I would have bought it if the price remained low, but Newegg had the H100 for the same exact price as this cooler (after sale and rebate). So I went with the H100.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airspoon View Post

Great review! I actually saw that yesterday on Youtube... Right when I was about to jump on this cooler, Newegg raised the price to the MSRP. I would have bought it if the price remained low, but Newegg had the H100 for the same exact price as this cooler (after sale and rebate). So I went with the H100.
Thanks, that's a great price on the H100

·
Daft old geek
25 Posts
Quote:

Well you pretty much cinched it for me on a cost effecient cooling solution to my youngest sons AMD rig. just got it in today kinda supprised theres no software with it and the instructions are blah but looks to be a solid unit. needed something I dont have to constantly worry about already had an Antec 920 mysterously loose coolant on a buddys rig after roughly 5 months pump started growling and tems got to 97c then bsod on him.. opened it up and it was about half full?!
Shame it wasnt a red led in it would go better with his color scheme...lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.