Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up a Lepa G1600W PSU from Amazon (brand new) a couple of days ago for my X79 Monster.

I set it up and took the AC power cord out and to my shock, I saw that it was a 2-prong plug with a loose/dangling ground wire.
mad.gif

This is what it looks like:

powercord.jpg

The back of the PSU box says Lepa G1600-MA for the model. There seems to be a G1600-MA and a G1600-MA-EU version.

However, I asked someone in the know and they told me that the AC cord I got was for a Japanese unit!?!

Did I just get screwed by Amazon?

How do I get a "proper" US version AC Power Cord?

Those who know, the G1600 unit uses a special C19 connector for its AC Power - it is NOT a "regular" power cord that can be interchanged with other PSUs etc.

Can someone tell me how to get the correct cord or do I have to return the unit? I just set everything up and the thought of all that labor going to waste irks me - that wire management is SUCH a pain for this unit since each cable is like petrified wood - inflexible and awfully tough.

Has anyone worked with Lepa before? Do any of you have the G1600 unit? I've heard Lepa customer service is HORRENDOUS.

I am really hoping Amazon will help me with this.

Need help/advice on this! :cry:

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
Wow - that is unusual and unfortunate.
I got the MA 1600w Lepa and it came with the 3 prong USA wall plug.
You're going to scream - but I chopped it off and threw it away
tongue.gif

I'm in Australia and have a different wall plug again.
BUT as the psu is auto volt sensing I can use it fine on our 240v grid.
Just had to put an appropriate plug on - recommended 15 amp circuit.

Hope you can get it sorted out quick
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea how to contact Lepa? Their worthless "Support" online form intentionally seems to dissuade people from using it - do you think contacting Amazon is a better route?

I can't believe they foisted this downright dangerous cable on me! I have the ground wire connected to a screw on the back of the PSU face-plate but it looks terrible and I would much rather prefer a regular 3-pronged cable.

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
Try Amazon 1st - maybe at same time get the ball rolling with Leap.
Try your luck on both fronts at the same time
smile.gif

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Called Amazon and got a store credit for the cable.
rolleyes.gif

Never had Amazon screw up an order before.. really wonder about their attention to detail. sigh...

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baasha View Post

Called Amazon and got a store credit for the cable.
rolleyes.gif

Never had Amazon screw up an order before.. really wonder about their attention to detail. sigh...
Companies make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. They rarely ever mess up and if they do they have amazing customer support.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesoblanco View Post

Companies make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. They rarely ever mess up and if they do they have amazing customer support.
Agree. This is the first time this has happened to me - just expressed my surprise I guess. I LOVE Amazon. Prime Membership FTW!
biggrin.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts