Overclock.net banner

Let me know what you think of this build?

780 Views 24 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Acefire
Hi guys please let me know what you think of my new build,

MOBO
Asus P8Z68-V-PRO - 4x DDR3, 8x Sata, Gigabit Lan, 4x USB3.0, HDMI, LGA 1155 $244.00

CPU
Intel CPU Core i5 2500K, 3.30GHz, 6MB Cache, LGA1155
$213.00

RAM
Corsair DDR3 8GB PC-10600/1333 (2x XMS3 4GB) CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 Ram $77.00

CASE
Antec Nine Hundred Two v3 - Black Ultimate ATX Gaming Case (No PSU) $132

thinking of adding an SSD drive to boot,
and snatching my coolermaster 650W PSU.

guys suggestion and or better parts/upgrades are kindly accepted
this build will cost around $700

have a budget max of $800

thanks
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,574 Posts
Expensive Motherboard (check)
Expensive data drive (check)
Expensive processor (check)
On-board Graphics (check)

What do you plan on using this build for? We would be better able to assist you if you tell us.
tongue.gif

· Registered
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxc;14209799
oh and forgot to mention, want no laggyness whatsoever, fast sdd caching so programs load quick and so that OS boot fast off SSD
Well if you are going to be legally backing up movies that you own, you are going to need more than an SSD, as the limited capacity of an SSD will quickly fill up.

Also I doubt you will go very far with any game using the on-board graphics, you might get playable frames on the lowest settings with non-demanding games. (Adobe utilities can also be accelerated with CUDA processing)

· Registered
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxc;14209911
no the SSD will only be for OS and most used applications, not for storage as i will have a spinpoint f3 large enough for storage.

what graphics card could you recommend me then

~$150
that would be suitable enough for some modern games.

ssd caching is the feature i like in the Asus z68 Pro
and will use the igp along with the added dedicated graphics that you suggest me, to play the games.
You can get a 460 for around that price on newegg. You can overclock it to squeeze some more performance out of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.