Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,928 Posts
You probably could find better ram for that price range. You know. Lower latency and higher mhz. I got an 8gb cl8 1600mhz gskill kit for that same price. Also I would recommend the radeon 6850 for gaming. And with that motherboard you could crossfire another 6850 down the road for a good performance boost. The 6850 wont break the bank either, and has low power consumption, so even when crossfire you could probably get by with a 650w psu.

· Registered
1,928 Posts
Are you certain that you want this board primarily for the ssd cache feature? From what I read about this feature, all it does is speed up HDD speeds. Using the SSD by itself for the OS would be faster that using this caching feature for the OS. I would prefer to keep things separate; the SSD for OS and HDD for movies and such. You could get a cheaper motherboard and surpass the performance of the SSD HDD caching. I think that SSD caching is tailored more for people trying to buy a small ssd to increase performance of HDD.
Also, you if you are interested in crossfiring at some point, you should look for dual pcie 16x slots on the motherboard, which you could achieve for a cheaper price than the suggested motherboard. Otherwise if you are not interested in crossfiring then save a little cash and look for a mobo with only one pcie slot.

· Registered
1,928 Posts
Im having a problem working a 120gb ssd into this build. How large do you want the ssd to be? Only big enough for the OS? or large enough for a couple games and software also?

Also, would you mind doing a couple mail in rebates? cause there is a killer deal on some gtx 460 2gb cards right now.

· Registered
1,928 Posts

· Registered
1,928 Posts
I'm pretty sure a 12 phase will overclock your processor to the limits. You want to make sure that you get the mail in rebate on that card. Otherwise I might suggest somthing else. I was impressed by the $40 MIR.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.