·
45 Cans of Ravioli
36,535 Posts
I'd have been all over it 1-2 years ago

waiting out for a 32" 4K OLED :(

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
They have a 45" ultrawide 240 hz coming too, from the look of it next years C3 panel will be 4k 240 hz.

But what to do with my 55" C1 if I ever get one? Too hard to sell big bulky TV.

Looking it up, some places offer trade in, but It will be at least a year or two before I do that.

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,677 Posts
Love 27”, just would have been ideal if it was 4K.

Either way. 27”, OLED, high refresh rate, HDR10. Damn - ticks a lot of boxes for me.

Thanks for sharing!

Edit: doesn’t mention nits or peak brightness. Curious to see the reviews.

·
PC Evangelist
48,732 Posts
Does it have HDR1000, Dolby Vision and its 4K? If not its waste of time and money.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I'd have been all over it 1-2 years ago

waiting out for a 32" 4K OLED :(
I think many of us are in the same boat, waiting for 32'' 4k true HDR.

I've had my IPS 27'' 1440p 144Hz for 6 years now, never found a reason to upgrade it. But when I buy 7900XT/7800XT soon, I will be ready for a 4k display

• Rep+
Reactions: speed_demon

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Love 27”, just would have been ideal if it was 4K.
I have to say that would be terrible, you would need a lot of scaling to see anything, and games that lack UI scaling options would be 100% unplayable.

After using a 55" screen, my 27" is extremely difficult to use. For a desk distance, once you've tried 38-42", a 27" will feel like a 14" 480p screen in comparison to that.

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,677 Posts
I have to say that would be terrible, you would need a lot of scaling to see anything, and games that lack UI scaling options would be 100% unplayable.

After using a 55" screen, my 27" is extremely difficult to use. For a desk distance, once you've tried 38-42", a 27" will feel like a 14" 480p screen in comparison to that.
No, I’m good with 27” on a desk. Windows scaling works fine and if an older game was running into UI issues, I’d just run it in a resolution that scales evenly into 4K. Like 720p.

I’ve used 32” and it’s a bit too large for me on a standard desk (24” depth).

I use my 55” OLED as a TV, sitting back about 2-3m on a couch. So my eyes aren’t peeled open like that scene from A Clockwork Orange.

You do you though.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Well I'm about 1.25m away from my 55" ... I'm sure I'm going to end up going blind now.

Wait no, I measured more accurately, I'm 1.5m away, so I was wrong all this time.

But still, my 27" 1440 looks like this now:

Arm Handwriting Gesture Finger Font

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,677 Posts
Well I'm about 1.25m away from my 55" ... I'm sure I'm going to end up going blind now.

Wait no, I measured more accurately, I'm 1.5m away, so I was wrong all this time.

But still, my 27" 1440 looks like this now:

View attachment 2584116
:D Not saying NO to a 32" though but it's a bit extreme for me. Anyway, I would like to see those specs clarified. The contrast ratio isn't infinite either so that's a little odd. If pixels can turn off, how is it not infinite?

·
Iconoclast
33,729 Posts
Does it have HDR1000, Dolby Vision and its 4K? If not its waste of time and money.
Getting 1k nits out of an OLED is extremely difficult and why most OLEDs will be certified for DisplayHDR True Black. An OLED that only hits 400 nits will have a much better contrast ratio, and generally better HDR experience in darker settings than a much brighter HDR LCD.

:D Not saying NO to a 32" though but it's a bit extreme for me.
I've been using 32" for my primary desktop displays since 2015. I don't think I could go back to anything smaller vertically.

·
PC Evangelist
48,732 Posts
Getting 1k nits out of an OLED is extremely difficult and why most OLEDs will be certified for DisplayHDR True Black. An OLED that only hits 400 nits will have a much better contrast ratio, and generally better HDR experience in darker settings than a much brighter HDR LCD.

I've been using 32" for my primary desktop displays since 2015. I don't think I could go back to anything smaller vertically.
My LZ2000 has no problem hitting 1000 nits.

·
Iconoclast
33,729 Posts
My LZ2000 has no problem hitting 1000 nits.
Yes, there are QD-OLED and WOLED panels that can peak at 1000 nit+ at the 10% area required for HDR1000. This display might use a WOLED panel, but even if it does, it's quite possible that they'll cap brightness to increase the longevity as a PC display.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I still need to get blackout blinds or curtains to make the most out of my current C1, but I'm getting all the upgrades done first.

Hmmm I wonder if I have any big enough cardboard boxes I can cut to at least block the window behind the TV for now.

Ahahaha ghetto sunblock

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Despite being OLED and 240hz, it's still a 27" 1440p monitor though. I can't see this monitor getting that much enthusiasm. This fits in between the two main user groups, it is neither the high refresh monster that competitive players want nor the 4k res that most standard gamers want. The product just seems a little late to the party IMO

·
Registered
852 Posts
Don't you need Displayport 2.1 to break the 4K 144Hz threshold? It's going to be a couple of years away anyway. I thought 600 nits is plenty, too bright at night and 27" too small for a comfy display.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Don't you need Displayport 2.1 to break the 4K 144Hz threshold? It's going to be a couple of years away anyway. I thought 600 nits is plenty, too bright at night and 27" too small for a comfy display.
Samsung is supposed to be showing off at least one DP 2.1 monitor at CES 2023 in a couple of months, and AMD GPUs will have DP 2.1 on the cards now. Id expect Asus and others to also show off such displays soon as well.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts