Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically, I have the choice between a second hand 27.5inch Hanns.G HG281DJ, which seems to be a panel that performs above the usual TN panel standards. And a LG 32LH3000, of which I know very little more then what the specifications give me. Both put out the same resolutions, it's just a difference of 4 inch between them.

I should be able to get either of them for the same price (2nd hand), and I was going for LG, until I got the feeling like I was overlooking something. So, are there any perks of which you know to either screens, or why I should get the one over the other? Either will be mainly used as main screen, to have a second 22inch screen (the one I have right now) as secondary. The reason for a screen this size, is because I do enjoy watching movies from time to time, and I was looking for a screen to make my current one into a secondary one.

The LG costs about 150,- euro's more then the Hanns.G when bought in the store, they're both black screens. The inputs are as following, Hanns.G has 1xHDMI, 1xVGA and 1xComponent. The LG has 3xHDMI, 2xScart, 1xComponent, some other stuff and then also 1xVGA. The LG also happens to have two extra 10W speakers, which is perhaps a nice addition to the rest of the collection, if I can find another hole in my soundcard to plug it in.

Hanns.G specs (English)
LG specs (Dutch, LG site)
LG specs (English, Testfreaks site)

Any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Hanns G is better AFAIK...

Do you really care abotu the extra inputs? Will you use them?

Same resolution on a smaller screen will give better quality picture too. Same number of pixels squeezed into a smaller area...

I would go for the Hanns G, if you dont mind the fact that its second-hand...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The extra inputs mean nothing to me. Btw, the LG puts out 1920*1080 whilst the Hanns.G puts out 1920*1200. Misslooked (sp?) I guess.

And I did think of that indeed, but I'm doubting whether it will make that much of a difference at 2 feet or 8 feet?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Definately get the Hanns.G. 1920*1080 on a 32" will look like garbage IMO. The 1920*120 will look good on a 28. I would suggest going to a 30" resolution but If you're on a budget pickup the Hanns.G. If you don't mind downsizing I'd get an ultrasharp 24" at 1900x1200

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I love this monitor, you won't regret it.

·
PC Evangelist
47,394 Posts
No matter what the Hanns G will look better because the LG is a TV.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hanns.G it is then, thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts