Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've done a bunch of searches and couldn't find anything relevant so hopefully this is not a re-post and is posted in the right section.

I purchase the C7P OLED for gaming on my PC and I've run into a few setup issues. I've looked everywhere and can't find the answer. Here are the two issues I'm running into so I'm hoping someone here has already solved these issues.

Issues:
- HDR Game Mode - Most videos show users selecting the HDR game mode as the best Picture option. I only have the option of "Game Mode" or "HDR effect" - I just updated the firm ware to 04.70.07 and its not an option.

- Resolution - When selecting my resolution in Nvidia I can't select 120hz, when I was reviewing these "TV's" that was one of the larger selling points as I didn't want to game in 60hz.

SO, I know there are a few people on these forums that have been using the C7P for gaming, if anyone can tell me the "Best" settings they've found it would be helpful.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
HDR game mode is referring to when the TV accepts a HDR signal and the "HDR" pop up appears. The TV has SDR and HDR modes with separate calibration settings so the HDR modes are only available by when viewing HDR content. So launch an HDR game and the TV switches to its HDR profile so then you can select HDR game mode and calibrate to your liking. Once you exit the game the TV will go back to SDR and your standard game mode.

As for the 120hz, you'll need to make a custom resolution.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
I use game mode as LG setting. However i can't get HDR working correctly with this display anymore. I have to choose 4:4:4 8 bit limited in the Nvidia color settings. Anything 10 bit looks entirely washed out on my display. HDR no longer switches on when playing an HDR game. Anyone else have this issue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice.

I'm trying to create a custom resolution and every time I attempt it I lose input to the TV.

Here are the resolution settings for the custom setup:
-380 x 2160
-120hz
- Scan type progressive

I can get 120 hz at 1080p, 1920 x 1080, but everytime I try to test 4K at 120 hz it loses connection. Any thoughts here?
 

·
User
Joined
·
2,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliantdan View Post

Thanks for the advice.

I'm trying to create a custom resolution and every time I attempt it I lose input to the TV.

Here are the resolution settings for the custom setup:
-380 x 2160
-120hz
- Scan type progressive

I can get 120 hz at 1080p, 1920 x 1080, but everytime I try to test 4K at 120 hz it loses connection. Any thoughts here?
What makes you think HDMI 2.0 has the bandwith for 4K 120 Hz?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliantdan View Post

Because I've seen others use those settings on this same TV
No TV available right now is capable of accepting a 4K 120 Hz signal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb426 View Post

I use game mode as LG setting. However i can't get HDR working correctly with this display anymore. I have to choose 4:4:4 8 bit limited in the Nvidia color settings. Anything 10 bit looks entirely washed out on my display. HDR no longer switches on when playing an HDR game. Anyone else have this issue?
Windows 10 HDR implementation is completely busted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb426 View Post

I use game mode as LG setting. However i can't get HDR working correctly with this display anymore. I have to choose 4:4:4 8 bit limited in the Nvidia color settings. Anything 10 bit looks entirely washed out on my display. HDR no longer switches on when playing an HDR game. Anyone else have this issue?
make sure hdmi deep color mode is turned on for the tv settings and go set the rgb range from limited to full 8 bit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliantdan View Post

Hey everyone, I've done a bunch of searches and couldn't find anything relevant so hopefully this is not a re-post and is posted in the right section.

I purchase the C7P OLED for gaming on my PC and I've run into a few setup issues. I've looked everywhere and can't find the answer. Here are the two issues I'm running into so I'm hoping someone here has already solved these issues.

Issues:
- HDR Game Mode - Most videos show users selecting the HDR game mode as the best Picture option. I only have the option of "Game Mode" or "HDR effect" - I just updated the firm ware to 04.70.07 and its not an option.

- Resolution - When selecting my resolution in Nvidia I can't select 120hz, when I was reviewing these "TV's" that was one of the larger selling points as I didn't want to game in 60hz.

SO, I know there are a few people on these forums that have been using the C7P for gaming, if anyone can tell me the "Best" settings they've found it would be helpful.

Thanks
in order to get the tv to run @ 120hz you must set the resolution to 1080p

 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top