Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am looking to buy a TFT, but really i am unsure out of two models.

The LG 1720B and Sharp LL172A

http://uk.lge.com/prodmodeldetail.do...L1720B&model=7#

http://www.sharp.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=918

They both have a 16ms response time and 0.264 dot pitch. The Sharp has 160/160 viewing angle the LG has 160/140 and the sharp has slightly higher brightness.

Really though theres not much between them, sharp give a 3yr on site warranty.
I've always wanted the LG but now i'm unsure, really i'm deciding on looks/appearance as the specs are so similar and suit me, VGA input is fine, do not need DVI.

What do you folks think?

Heard anything bad about any of them?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoSoVaR

It all goes down to looks from there... they're almost the same, I'd go with the Sharp :p

yep thats my problem...really its all looks, im tempted by sharp it is quite sleek...my friend prefers the sharp, its like always wanting something (the lg model) and then just as your about to purchase you see another model which totally confuses you on which to buy

thanks anyway!

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yeah it is looks all the way, but for the future, maybe dvi would be a better investment....some newer videocards have only dvi with adapters, and in a couple years i think everythings gunna be dvi or sumother connection. so like he said-looks
....i think i would get the LG, but thats just my

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

yeah it is looks all the way, but for the future, maybe dvi would be a better investment....some newer videocards have only dvi with adapters, and in a couple years i think everythings gunna be dvi or sumother connection. so like he said-looks
....i think i would get the LG, but thats just my

hmmmm.... sharp or LG

i really dont know now...don't really want to shell out for another £70 for DVI connector...VGA has been around a long long time but should last me a couple of years anyway

i think the LG looks better...BUT are LG monitors generally very good?
the sharp has the onsite three year warrenty...hmmmm

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm a pretty big fan of the sharp. Apperance is what make me decide since they are both baisically the same.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Look further into the LG's. They got some with 12ms response times out now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin

Look further into the LG's. They got some with 12ms response times out now.

yes i know, i read a review of one and a pc mag said it was appaling...

16ms is fine for me, i game monthly...littereally...for half an hour!, i watch dvd's through home cinema so really its just for 2d work anyways.

I think its the sharp now, slightly better spec than the LG the styling is odd but nice.

ANy other ideas?

thanks anyway, i still think the LG looks sleekest

·
Registered
817 Posts
If your going by style, I like the LG. I have always been a big fan of there style. I like the circle base and silver accents more then the Sharps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes.. I must admit the LG was the one i always wanted. I am so tempted by the sharp now (the one where i posted the link just a few mosts above) its only £8 more than the LG and has DVI and rotates to potrait. I would like sharps spec in LG's styling

1 - 11 of 11 Posts