Samsung: http://www.compu2000.com/index.php?l..._detail&p=7556
24"
1080p
1920x1080
5ms Response Time
50,000:1 Contrast Ratio
HDMI, DVI, and VGA

$302 with Free Shipping.

The ones underlined are the only difference between these monitors and the $20 dollar difference. The Samsung's OSD can be controlled with the mouse which is kinda cool. The Sammy has a shiny black piano finish and the LG doesn't as far as I can tell from the pic, and both have HAS stands.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
samsung for its going to be brighter then the lg.

·
Old ain't dead
2,779 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobfig
View Post

samsung for its going to be brighter then the lg.

Is this just your opinion? I also have a Samsung monitor, but I have seen many LG monitors and they all look great...

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Can you look at both? I do no trust the numbers as reported by the MFG's. They have different testing standards so comparing apples to oranges.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asus Mobile
View Post

Can you look at both? I do no trust the numbers as reported by the MFG's. They have different testing standards so comparing apples to oranges.

No, I'm ordering online. I have no stores around here with decent prices.

·
Registered
699 Posts
the lg has a lower refresh rate, but the samsung displays more colors. So which is more important to you? Personally i have always bought samsung and i would choose it because it has more colors and thats more important to me. I don't think you would even notice the difference in 2ms response from 5ms response.

My vote is get the sammy

·
Not New to Overclock.net
9,204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drivr3g View Post
Well i chose the samsung but the lg with a 2ms response time will do you good if you game.
same opinion as mine.

·
Premium Member
10,849 Posts
No comparison, samsung trumps LG anyday. LG is bargain scrapeing. Samsung is top notch.

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
umm, LG, i have hated all sambungs i have owned, either they were doa, or had like 5 dead pixels. I love my 23" LG, so i say hands down LG over a sammy any day.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
the 2ms is probably gray to gray. which is controversial anyways. Anything under 8ms will be unnoticable. Go for the samsung imo.

About DOA and dead pixels, me and my brothers have owned 5 samsungs and not one was DOA or had a single dead pixel. So ...

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
Samsung make one of t he best monitors out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts