Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://lifehacker.com/5657275/batter...what-to-expect

Quote:
Windows only: Manufacturers make a lot of claims about laptop batteries nowadays, but it's hard to tell what your battery's true life is. Battery Eater will test it at load and under normal usage, so you have realistic expectations.

Battery Eater is a simple program that monitors your battery as it runs out of juice. The default test is a full load test, which will tax your CPU and GPU until the battery dies so you know your absolute minimum battery life. You can also run a "reader test", which merely displays and scrolls through text on your screen until the battery dies, so you know how long your battery will last through more typical use. Obviously, you want to start running the test after your battery has fully charged to get accurate results.

Download Link Here

Finally!
Now I can see if I can watch 3 seasons of Lost or just 1.
Or ditch them all and watch Battlestar

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I just got a new Toshiba laptop, I'm gonna run this now
nice find

·
Premium Member
4,687 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleannex View Post
In before Apple fanboys say how long Mac/iphone/ipad/ipodtouch batteries last...
Just be sure to remember that you were the first one to bring it up.

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleannex
View Post

In before Apple fanboys say how long Mac/iphone/ipad/ipodtouch batteries last...

^This.
YAY!!! Finally a free program to test the mfr's rating on the battery!1
Oh wait..05 as in it being from 2005? lolwuuut.

·
Registered
612 Posts
my toughbook has a Battery Calibration utility on it. i wonder if this would be more accurate or not.

·
toast toast!
1,295 Posts
My laptops really old, It only lasts about 15 mins now.

I will run this later though.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grahamcrackuh View Post
I consistently get 10 - 12 hours on my battery, so I'm not too worried about this

maybe ill run it for fun tho
You have your laptop connected to a car battery then right

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
I bought my laptop for school, so it's on about 7 hours every day only on the battery. I usually have about 30% battery life left when I get home.

Will run this for fun some time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.