Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be buying a new case, and I have been looking at the Lian-Li ones. And I'm wondering...is the only difference between the V1000 and the V1200 that the V1200 is a little bigger? And what exactly are the differences between the V1000 or V1200 and the plus versions?

Also, if I bought the case from monarch...would it have this monarch logo on it?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,859 Posts
Hi Dopin Nuts,

I have a V1200 Black version. The difference is only in the overall length, about 4 inches if I remember right. As for the monarch emblem. I think that is just super imposed on the screen shot. I don't think they can add their logo on the case, unless they are willing to pay Lian Li...

One thing about the V1200. They don't yet sell windows for it. :-( The V1000 they do, if that makes a difference. The reason I bought the V1200 was the extra room for the psu. I read some reviews stating they had trouble placing "overly long" psu's in the V1000. Those psu's were of the silent type.
Another little hint. I reversed the 120mm outlet fan and had it blow in. That improved the cooling quite a bit (about 3-5degC). Since the case has an exterior of holes, I find that the extra flow going in keeps a lot of dust from being sucked in, if you know what I mean... There are also a lot of accessories for the V1000/V1200 case as well. I think it would be a good choice. I've owned 3 Lian cases and I like this one the best. Side panels come off real easy, the support piece down the middle but on the side comes in handy for attching cables too.

The only mod I've made was placing 2 cold cathode tubes down the front. They shine thru the little holes very well and give off a nice effect. I may have to mod the side though. I miss my window on my old PC-65B!!

I hope this helped, :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by 455buick

Hi Dopin Nuts,

I have a V1200 Black version. The difference is only in the overall length, about 4 inches if I remember right. As for the monarch emblem. I think that is just super imposed on the screen shot. I don't think they can add their logo on the case, unless they are willing to pay Lian Li...

One thing about the V1200. They don't yet sell windows for it. :-( The V1000 they do, if that makes a difference. The reason I bought the V1200 was the extra room for the psu. I read some reviews stating they had trouble placing "overly long" psu's in the V1000. Those psu's were of the silent type.
Another little hint. I reversed the 120mm outlet fan and had it blow in. That improved the cooling quite a bit (about 3-5degC). Since the case has an exterior of holes, I find that the extra flow going in keeps a lot of dust from being sucked in, if you know what I mean... There are also a lot of accessories for the V1000/V1200 case as well. I think it would be a good choice. I've owned 3 Lian cases and I like this one the best. Side panels come off real easy, the support piece down the middle but on the side comes in handy for attching cables too.

The only mod I've made was placing 2 cold cathode tubes down the front. They shine thru the little holes very well and give off a nice effect. I may have to mod the side though. I miss my window on my old PC-65B!!

I hope this helped, :)

Thanks for replying, and I really hope that Monarch doesn't put that logo on it because it's $50 cheaper there then newegg. I'm sure I'm going to get a Lian-Li case now, but I'm still debating to get the V1000 or the V1200. Does the extra four inches only help with a longer PSU or does it have other benefits as well.

Another thing, is the only difference between getting the regular and the plus is that the plus gets better cooling, or what?

Also, if you have any pictures or could take some pics of your case in action, it would be greatly appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,859 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Dopin_Nuts

Thanks for replying, and I really hope that Monarch doesn't put that logo on it because it's $50 cheaper there then newegg. I'm sure I'm going to get a Lian-Li case now, but I'm still debating to get the V1000 or the V1200. Does the extra four inches only help with a longer PSU or does it have other benefits as well.

Another thing, is the only difference between getting the regular and the plus is that the plus gets better cooling, or what?

Also, if you have any pictures or could take some pics of your case in action, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Dopin Nuts,

The plus has 3 extras. A baffle for the PSU heat exhaust to be directed to the side, a baffle to direct air flow over the CPU and an additional blower mounted over the video card area to extract heat from that area. See this link for pictures and more:

http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/lianli...us/index.shtml

At an additional price I added all of the above.
As for the extra 4 inches. I found it easier and more roomy when working within the case. As you might already know the motherboard tray is not removeable, which is one thing I really like on my PC-65B as well. The extra room might also come in handy, if your planning on any watercooling mods. Otherwise its just how much you want to spend.
I'll post pictures of the case later, if that's Ok...

Take care, :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay...thanks for all your help. Since the V1200b Plus is only $10 more than the V1000 plus on Monarch I've decided to go with that. And, I'm going to buy a new PSU and I'm stuck between the OCZ Powerstream 600 and yours. I know the price difference is a lot, but how do you like your PSU? And how does it work in the case. And I would love it if you could post pics.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Are the wheels detachable? Lol...I don't want the case rolling off my desk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,859 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Dopin_Nuts

Okay...thanks for all your help. Since the V1200b Plus is only $10 more than the V1000 plus on Monarch I've decided to go with that. And, I'm going to buy a new PSU and I'm stuck between the OCZ Powerstream 600 and yours. I know the price difference is a lot, but how do you like your PSU? And how does it work in the case. And I would love it if you could post pics.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Are the wheels detachable? Lol...I don't want the case rolling off my desk.

Hi Dopin Nuts,

The wheels are removable, but can be locked so it doesn't move at all. Either way you'll enjoy the case!
As for the Antec. No complaints at all. The psu fits in the case with no problems at all. I like the ability to adjust the voltages and keep them above the minimum. Example the 3.3v is at 3.33, the 5v is at 5.12 and the 12v is at 12.10. I know it's not much, but the control freak in me wants the voltages above the line not below. I've never had to re-adjust the set points in the 15 months I've owned the power supply. One down side, it takes a 5 1/4 bay, but I placed my floppy drive in the same unit the True Power controls come in. No loss of bay space.
I hate to admit this, but I don't own a digital camera, my daughter does and I have to wait unitl she comes home from work to take some pictures.
But the arrangement for my drive bays goes like this: Top bay - Lian Li temp units 1 for inside the case and one for outside. 2nd bay - Plextor 52x32x52 CD/RW 3rd bay - a pair of switches for my case lights and glow wire 4th bay - Plextor DVD/CD ROM burner 5th and bottom bay - True power control unit and floppy drive. I'm one of the few who still has one, I think!

Take care and great choice on a case IMHO,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:


Originally Posted by 455buick

Hi Dopin Nuts,

The wheels are removable, but can be locked so it doesn't move at all. Either way you'll enjoy the case!
As for the Antec. No complaints at all. The psu fits in the case with no problems at all. I like the ability to adjust the voltages and keep them above the minimum. Example the 3.3v is at 3.33, the 5v is at 5.12 and the 12v is at 12.10. I know it's not much, but the control freak in me wants the voltages above the line not below. I've never had to re-adjust the set points in the 15 months I've owned the power supply. One down side, it takes a 5 1/4 bay, but I placed my floppy drive in the same unit the True Power controls come in. No loss of bay space.
I hate to admit this, but I don't own a digital camera, my daughter does and I have to wait unitl she comes home from work to take some pictures.
But the arrangement for my drive bays goes like this: Top bay - Lian Li temp units 1 for inside the case and one for outside. 2nd bay - Plextor 52x32x52 CD/RW 3rd bay - a pair of switches for my case lights and glow wire 4th bay - Plextor DVD/CD ROM burner 5th and bottom bay - True power control unit and floppy drive. I'm one of the few who still has one, I think!

Take care and great choice on a case IMHO,

Thanks again for all your help. Does the Antec come with that control unit, and the wires don't come sleeved, do they? And last question, what is that Lian Li temp unit you're talking about?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,859 Posts
Hi Dopin Nuts,

Here's a link to Coolerguys. I've been using these guys for 5 years now. They have some Lian Li parts and pieces. As for the temp units. They were old style and I don't think their available anymore. The new style is the Type 3, listed on the web link below:
http://www.coolerguys.com/liliac.html

It was here that I bought my upgrade to the "Plus" series... As for the Antec. The True Power PSU does come with the controller unit as part of the package. The main power cable for the ATX board connection did come sleeved in black on the unit I purchased. The other cables for drives, fans and such did not, but you can do that with some UV or colored sleeving for that cool effect. I don't know if these older type units are still available. I checked pricegrabber, directron, newegg and zipzoomfly, but couldn't tell from the pictures. Here's a link to a group who customizes power supplies for a price:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...a1fe346fdb7571
In the picture you'll see that the Antec power supply comes with a black sleeve for the ATX power cable and this group also sleeved the other cables silver. You'll also see the front panel for the True power control unit. The mesh unit can be removed to put the floppy drive in, if you wish.

I hope this helped, :)
BTW - A Big Thanks for the rep+ You shouldn't have ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,859 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Dopin_Nuts

Thanks again for all your help. Does the Antec come with that control unit, and the wires don't come sleeved, do they? And last question, what is that Lian Li temp unit you're talking about?

Hi again,

I found an old review and pictures of the T-4 temp display unit I purchased some time back from Coolerguys. Here's the link: http://www.dansdata.com/llt4.htm
Mine shows the temps in degF, not degC. I like it because it has it's own batteries and is pretty accurate. I bought it for my old PC-65B that my daughter now owns. However, it matches my V-1200 very well, so I kept it. It just reads 2 temps. I have mine inside and outside the case. The new version the TR-3 reads 3 temps and has fan controls. There you have it...

I hope this helped, :)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top