Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me premise this with the statement that I am not trying to be a fanboy...

Ok, I always told myself that a computer case is just a box to hold parts (that's my wife's attitude being the I.T. professional in the house). Who cares if it is steel, aluminum, tool-less, etc. Well I gave in to impulse and bought one of the cases on sale at Monarch and it showed up today as quickly as if it was coming from Newegg. I digress...the point is that I have seen the other side and I am never going back. My PC-G70A is gorgeous! In truth I had no idea what I was getting, just a full size tower that looked nice to me...and it was a Lian-Li for $99...I figured I couldn't go wrong. This thing rocks! If anyone is considering a case and can afford it, there is no question in my mind anymore what to get. Between plenty of screws, a bracket or two that offer other HD setup options, the 3 120mm fans (one on an adjustable bracket and the second with adjustable ducting), the additional panel for a second PSU at the bottom INCLUDING the wire harness to set it up...all that for $100 and not one bracket, panel or cover plate is plastic! It's all aluminum, and not thin recycled pop can stuff, and a flawless brushed finish. Even the front bezel pulls off and snaps back on with beautiful engineered ease. Never will I go back...never!




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,822 Posts
Welcome to the light! I love Lian-Li and will never buy anything else for my primary rig! They are amazingly well built and just... I love them
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,663 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by CWell1337
View Post

Welcome to the light! I love Lian-Li and will never buy anything else for my primary rig! They are amazingly well built and just... I love them


lol I am, my Lian Li PC-V1200B PLUS II shipped tonight
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,477 Posts
Yeah they are great cases, I've never had one but a couple of my friends have...Nice and heavy duty....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,952 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by atomicfission92
View Post

lol I am, my Lian Li PC-V1200B PLUS II shipped tonight


Hahahah I get to laugh at you....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,952 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by atomicfission92
View Post

why?? lol

Because you never thought the case was going to come. And I was trying to convince everybody that It was (I ended up getting flamed for it, so it's your turn
)

Btw, nice choice Bindusar
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,663 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by wowza
View Post

Because you never thought the case was going to come. And I was trying to convince everybody that It was (I ended up getting flamed for it, so it's your turn
)

Btw, nice choice Bindusar


LOL oh alright. well it is. so flame away...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
'Grats on the awesome case! I have the same one except mine is black. It's funny, I had plans to add some more fans to the case but I just don't have the balls to cut into it. Mine didn't come with a cable to start up two PSUs, so I McGyver'd one.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,663 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by shadowmelder
View Post

'Grats on the awesome case! I have the same one except mine is black. It's funny, I had plans to add some more fans to the case but I just don't have the balls to cut into it. Mine didn't come with a cable to start up two PSUs, so I McGyver'd one.

Thats the one problem with those cases.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowmelder View Post
'Grats on the awesome case! I have the same one except mine is black. It's funny, I had plans to add some more fans to the case but I just don't have the balls to cut into it. Mine didn't come with a cable to start up two PSUs, so I McGyver'd one.
That is EXACTLY what I am struggling with now. I would love for it to have a window or two but it seems sacrilegeous to violate it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bindusar View Post
That is EXACTLY what I am struggling with now. I would love for it to have a window or two but it seems sacrilegeous to violate it.
Just gotta bite the bullet and do it. Side panels can be replaced...
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top