Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So yeah... I know this case is all over the place but i really like it and decided to do a build in it. I had a lot of the hardware already so this is mostly the water cooling build out.

I have done a few watercooled builds in the past but it has been a while and this is my first attempt with hard tubing (acrylic).

Attached some of the in progress pictures thus far, including my first 2 attempts at bending (Spoiler: it didn't go well).

let me know if you have any questions.

Specs:
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic
CPU: I5-9600K
Mobo: MSI Z390 MEG ACE
RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200 (I Also have 2x of the RGB Blanks to fill the other 2 slots)
GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming Trio X
M.2: 1TB HP 920EX
M.2: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro
PSU: Corsair HX750i
Fans: 6x Corsair LL120 (Controlled with a commander pro). 3 on the bottom intake, 3 on top exhaust

Watercooling gear:
ek 360 radiator
ek/Lian Li distro plate for the O11 Dynamic
Cooler Master Vertical GPU Mount (This one has rooms for fans underneath)
ek fittings/ek acrylic tube
Navy Blue Ek Coolant

Attachments

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Making some slow progress, had some concerns with the gpu block fitment but ive almost resolved those so i should be able to add that in soon.

Still not perfect with the tube bending but the new heat gun helped a ton

Attachments

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the tubing is in for a test fit and it is successfully holding pressure

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks awesome, is that the XL dynamic or the original dynamic. Im gonna start a white dynamic XL build in a few and will also be using the EK / Lian li distro block. I have some of the stuff ordered up, still more to go.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Looks like the regular Dynamic. I wanted to distro place so bad but it looks like it only works with hard tubing, I'm not confident or experienced enough for hard tubing LOL.

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks awesome, is that the XL dynamic or the original dynamic. Im gonna start a white dynamic XL build in a few and will also be using the EK / Lian li distro block. I have some of the stuff ordered up, still more to go.
This is the original, I almost grabbed the big one but this was enough for my needs

Looks like the regular Dynamic. I wanted to distro place so bad but it looks like it only works with hard tubing, I'm not confident or experienced enough for hard tubing LOL.
This was my first time with hard tubing, getting a decent heat gun with adjustable temp helped a lot. It was a bit more nerve racking but it came out ok in the end. I dont see why you couldnt use soft tubing with this distro plate, it has regular g1/4 fittings

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still working on getting some better photos, I need to work on the white balance. The computer is not that overwhemling blue in person. The lights along the edges and the lights in the blocks are all set to white and only the fans/ram is actually blue.

Found out the blue channel in my gpu block isnt working (well not sure if it is the mobo header or the gpu rgb strip itself) which stinks because i cant set it to white or blue so right now its off

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks really nice
I see now that I should have opted for that Cooler master bracket instead of The standard Lian Li one
I will probably change that when I change graphics card
Would have been nice to put some fans underneath the GPU

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks really nice
I see now that I should have opted for that Cooler master bracket instead of The standard Lian Li one
I will probably change that when I change graphics card
Would have been nice to put some fans underneath the GPU
Yeah since the top fans are exhausting i wanted something to be drawing in cool air.

I had originally bought the Lian li one but ended up exchanging it

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still havent quite figured out this whole white balance thing lol.

My cpu seems to be a bit warm so tomorrow i am going to check the contact pressure of the cpu block, also going to try seeing if i can get the rgb on the gpu working

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Your build looks fantastic, how is the EK radiator treatign you. Is that the EK XE 360 RAD ? I am gonna do a 360 in the top and a 360 in the bottom trying to figure out what rad to go with. I like the EK rads but I have also been considering the Hardware labs Nemesis GTR and the Bitspower Leviathin. Truth be told prolly not much performance difference between the two of them .

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I have the Bitspower touchaqua Sedna and it doesn't matter if it's hard/soft tube. The only difference are the fittings. Just get soft tube fittings and you can rock soft tube for this case.

Enjoy.

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your build looks fantastic, how is the EK radiator treatign you. Is that the EK XE 360 RAD ? I am gonna do a 360 in the top and a 360 in the bottom trying to figure out what rad to go with. I like the EK rads but I have also been considering the Hardware labs Nemesis GTR and the Bitspower Leviathin. Truth be told prolly not much performance difference between the two of them .
It's the PE 360 ( the medium thickness one). So far it seems good, I mostly just went with it since everything else was ek

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the RGB on the gpu block working, looks like it was the header on my mobo that was faulty. Luckily it had a 2nd header and that one works, cant hide the cable as easily though.

Still have to cleanup a bunch of fingerprints and then take some proper photos

Attachments

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I was having some issues with corsair icue not letting me change the rpm of my fans and they were all stuck at 750rpm (I have since fixed the software issue) but during that time i discovered that 750rpm on a single 360 rad (at least these fans with this rad) is clearly not enough. My radiator started getting quite noticeably warm to the touch and one of the leds in my case started blinking (it stopped when the temps went back down). After some testing i found i need about 1400rpm on these fans to keep things in check (they max at 1650rpm iirc).

·
Registered
184 Posts
It has a nice dim arctic blue aura

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine is coming together slowly, taking my time to get these bends straight. This is my first hardline build, not to bad but definitely takes a few tries to get it right.

Attachments

·
I painted my display pic
95 Posts
Question for those with a vertical bracket, is it at all possible to fit a low profile wifi card into a slot behind the gpu if you say, disassembled the bracket from it? Or is it impossible to use any of your pci slots besides the x16 slot for the riser? I'm not a huge fan of the lian li bracket, but it appears to have space for using another riser cable and installing a card behind or infront of your gpu maybe, albeit a bit jank.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Haven't built a liquid cooled pc in 20+ years so ya, went with this setup because the case was reasonable and had good access for the build. Went with the front res plate from bitspower because it does have a nice look to it and a simplistic designed that appealed to the engineer in me lol Until I get the chance to setup a small cnc router it's not a bad way to go. I've read that so many dump on this case, but for the price and the way it's built you can't beat it.
Specs:
i9-9900k
ASUS z390-e MB
64mb ddr4 3200
MSI 1070 GTX 8 GPU
EVGA 1000W G2 PSU
EK gpu/cpu waterblocks
Bitspower front distribution plate
Primochill rad/fittings
Corsair fans

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Still working on getting some better photos, I need to work on the white balance. The computer is not that overwhemling blue in person. The lights along the edges and the lights in the blocks are all set to white and only the fans/ram is actually blue.

Found out the blue channel in my gpu block isnt working (well not sure if it is the mobo header or the gpu rgb strip itself) which stinks because i cant set it to white or blue so right now its off

Looks fantastic, love the whole 'ghost' blue kind of look. Reminds me of the old scooby doo classics. How'd you like the bracket for the GPU? I was thinking about changing mine out to one that can be mounted above the deck fans as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts