Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have experience with this case? I am considering it to replace my PC9F. I am air cooling now 2 noctua FLX b in the front intake, 1-noctua FLX-A 140 mm top exhaust, 1 noctua 120 FLX A back exhaust. I have removed the HDD cages, but I have a ACX EVGA Dual Classified and an ivy bridge 4830 K with a noctua NH-d14 2001 cooler. I am thinking of getting this full tower and installing a third intake with an eye on possiby water cooling in the future. Someone on this site Doyyl I think suggested a enthoo while they look ok I have been using Lian Li for some years now and I am happy with them and the aluminum construction. I guess I could always up the RPM but I do like the quiet too so I try to strike a balance. I think it is quite good now but it would be better in the full tower....so does anyone here use this case, and what are your thoughts?

4930-K-(stock right now, up to 4.4 stable in the past and will again in the future), 30-32C deg idle, 48-49 under load
Asus X79 Deluxe
4 SSD
1 HDD
16 gig 1600 LP Vengence
SB Z card
EVGA GTX 780ti Dual Classified w/ACX cooler 30-35C idle, up to 73 C under load
NH-D14 2001se CPU cooler
EVGA supernova 1300 watt G2 PSU

·
Case ***der
5,040 Posts
I don't think moving to a PC-A79 will improve cooling much if at all. The thin aluminum Lian LI uses isn't very good for noise. Steel cases will be slightly quieter to do more rigid paneling. I would grab an Enthoo any day over the PC-A79. This is from someone w/ a PC-A77F, which is nearly identical.

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post

The thin aluminum Lian LI uses isn't very good for noise. Steel cases will be slightly quieter to do more rigid paneling.
Truly unfortunate that Lian Li has decided to head down the route of making cheaper quality cases, with elevated prices
sozo.gif

Looks like the current NEW Fractal R5 is the way to go plus it's significantly cheaper but heavier in weight, meaning better quality than the current Lian Li range.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I jumped right in with the above I will give it a try......I will replace the phanteks fans though.....thanks for the comments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts