Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming negligible price difference, which would you prefer?

I like the many fans of the 1200 but it has a lot of screws to contend with supposedly.

I love the build of the PC-B25F though. I've never owned Lian-Li however and have only heard the legends

Opinions, everyone ?

·
Initializing...
23,786 Posts
Depends on your taste of cases, personally I bought the 1200 because it has tons of room, good airflow, fan filters and fan speed controllers on the stock fans, I'm not a fan of the blue leds but overall love the case.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
I agree with what Anth said above. I like the features of the 1200. If I could turn off the led's I probably would though.

I'm sick of noise altogether though, thinking about getting rid of this and going silent.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Antec 1200 FTW. All the way Antec ,I think, is better. The fan's have filters on them so way less dust Equal's a happy computer so that is why I would go with the antec 1200 and plus its a great spacious case

·
Registered
61 Posts
I love my B25F, but the case cant intake cool air like the 1200. Keep that in mind if you want to overclock. The build quality its top notch, like any other Lian Li case

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
While the Antec is built well I guarantee you that B25 is built noticeably better. The 1200 is large but it's very shallow (front-to-back) so it's a PITA to work in especially if you're using a lot of hard drives and/or a large graphics card. The thumbscrew situation is out of control on it. Each cage has 8 screws and there are 3 cages. Even if they're not populated that have to be unfastened to clean the filters if you use them. So in other words a filter cleaning consists of popping both side panels off (4 screws) and then loosening the cages so they can be moved forward (24 screws).

I've personally owned a 1200 and currently rock a beautiful Lian-Li 8N.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiji
View Post

I love my B25F, but the case cant intake cool air like the 1200. Keep that in mind if you want to overclock. The build quality its top notch, like any other Lian Li case

I like quality myself and I'm ready to pay for it. However, by build quality do people usually mean sturdiness. Because I rarely transport my case to be honest, and I don't really tend to throw it around (lol) so perhaps it wouldn't be as important to me as I thought initially.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, to be fair, i think that:

- 1200 = more space, better cooling, more dust

- B25F = better quality, more features, like the hdd cage mount, the intake filters, the weight (which seems you dont care
)

So its really up to you to see what you really need. If you planning on using a watercooling system in the future, the B25F its a bad idea. The space its just right for an ATX system.
And the cable management seems good on both of them.
Hope it helps

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
lian-li if i had to choose, i think it just looks a lot better for wire management and overall design, but i'd get the p182 which is better than both really

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I do not want to troll but Antec is nothing to Lian LI. Antec makes heavy, industrial looking cases ( I do own two Three hundred and one 900 case). I bought PC-B25F for my wife's computer and it was an absolute joy to work with this case. It is stylish, minimalistic and cable managent is great. The only "downside" is the top and front come off easily. But the workmanship is superior.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglylizard View Post
I have a p180b right now and like it but want something higher-end this time. I feel that either of the cases I posted would be a tad so.

This is great input by the way!

Lian-Li is super quite, offers better cable managament behind the motherboard and offers completely screwless installation etc. Aslo, there is more than enough room to fit Noctua NH12.

Antec 1200 is just a bigger version of Antec 900 painted black.

·
Registered
130 Posts
This is my cable management in the pc-b25f
I also had a 900

I love the Lian Li. This weekend I will be replacing the two fron fans in the front w/ Scythe GT AP 14s and installing a Corsair H70 with two Scythe GT AP 15s in a push pull out the top back.

Lian Li PC-B25F

Antec 900:

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
Lian Li sure knows how to make a good looking and functional case. They're innovaters when it comes to case design. The Antec 300 was great years ago, before any of the other manufacturers stepped up their game and listened to what users were actually requesting.

Let's hope they keep making great cases, and others continue to be inspired by and make better cases as well. Competition is always good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts