Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 1636 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to gather up all owners of the Lian Li PC TU100 and 200 series cases in this thread.
Here we can share builds, aska questions regarding these cases and share experience.
Hope you all can join and make a fun little (da dum tss) community around these cases !
biggrin.gif


Here are a couple of pictures;



Link to the following spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/175VB3Dx5SqZW0azYR6kQrNdHY79mVCmuoLvNZ4Qd89s/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false

In order to join this club, make a post with the following information:
  • Case model
  • Rig specs
  • Link to Build Log (If applicable)
I will add you to the list as soon as I can!
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice build man! Like what you did for watercooling. How is your graphics card holding up tho?
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
800 Posts
Cooked to a crisp
smile.gif


I switched out for a gt430 for right now till I see what the 900 series has to offer.

I am running it on air right now too.... eventually want to get it back to water, but I want to do it with acrylic tubes. I need to cut the fan mount, so I can push the radiator forward more.

Final plans would be a asus impact with a full cover block, short pcb gpu with a waterblock, then a small pump and a custom res that fits into the dvd bay.
 

·
SUPER MODERATOR
Joined
·
3,219 Posts
Subbed! I plan on picking up a TU 100 within the next couple months. I need a good lan rig, and I just can't lug my Air 540 around everywhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnson View Post

Cooked to a crisp
smile.gif


I switched out for a gt430 for right now till I see what the 900 series has to offer.

I am running it on air right now too.... eventually want to get it back to water, but I want to do it with acrylic tubes. I need to cut the fan mount, so I can push the radiator forward more.

Final plans would be a asus impact with a full cover block, short pcb gpu with a waterblock, then a small pump and a custom res that fits into the dvd bay.
the Gigabyte 970 ITX looks really good, linus techtips are going to do a review of it soon, stay tuned for that.

ah that sound awesome dude! when i switch to my TU200, im going to mod the 100 to fit a singel bay res, try to find a small pump that will fit and move the rad up like you said. think thats the way to go on this case
smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmons572 View Post

Subbed! I plan on picking up a TU 100 within the next couple months. I need a good lan rig, and I just can't lug my Air 540 around everywhere.
you won't regret it! i actually went from a AIR 540 myself, never looked back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnson View Post

Just to add to the thread a little.

Here are some of my fav tu100 builds

http://www.pdxlan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19281&sid=dd6ebafe37eac5b38d4cd2971fc24e0b
Green ammo can like build with built in tablet

http://www.tomshardware.de/-lian-li-pc-tu100-case-mod-pink-girlie,testberichte-241553.html
Pink hello kitty with a window on it
that green one is pretty cool! and i like the side window on the pink one, but not much use in this case when you have a gpu and everything, too much cable clutter
tongue.gif
but hey, might try that too, see how it works irl.

keep posting guys, i want the TU serier to take the "ITX CROWN" from the Bitfenix Prodegy
biggrin.gif
(since the TU series are actual SMALL cases, not ATX cases with bad layout x)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
800 Posts
I'm a big fan of the 200, would love to one as a mobile server for movies and music.

Edit, was messing around with my 100 and I found I can fit a 750ti with the acx cooler (dual fan) in there ?
The only problem is that the GPU fan shroud won't fit on there. I'm going to trim the shroud tomorrow and see if I can get it to fit. Would love to get the 750 working good in there as its a cool low power card. Plus it's cheap.
 

·
SUPER MODERATOR
Joined
·
3,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrdal View Post

you won't regret it! i actually went from a AIR 540 myself, never looked back!
Don't get me wrong, I am still going to use the 540 as my primary system, but I have a mighty need for a LAN box
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnson View Post

I'm a big fan of the 200, would love to one as a mobile server for movies and music.

Edit, was messing around with my 100 and I found I can fit a 750ti with the acx cooler (dual fan) in there ?
The only problem is that the GPU fan shroud won't fit on there. I'm going to trim the shroud tomorrow and see if I can get it to fit. Would love to get the 750 working good in there as its a cool low power card. Plus it's cheap.
Sounds good mate, the 750's are good cards. used one for a build to a friend of mine who's on a tight budget, works surpricingly good for the money
smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony-tail View Post

I am just about to take my 2 x 200s offline and recase the contents into Silverstone SG05s and now someone starts up a thread !
Here are mine .
awwe dude, you cant ditch the TU's
frown.gif
( they love you mate. what specs are they??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
800 Posts
Yeah, I ran the 750ti in my other computer for awhile, pushes titanfall maxed out just fine.

BTW, here is a pic of the 750ti crammed in. Fit with a single mod to the fan shroud... though I did have to take apart the card, put the parts in the case, then put it back together inside the case
smile.gif



 

·
Sexagenarian
C6E R9 3950X 32g DDR4 3200 500gb M.2 2x4gb Toshiba HDD EVGA GTX 1070Ti air cooled ( Noctua NH-D15S )
Joined
·
1,061 Posts
Quote:
awwe dude, you cant ditch the TU's frown.gif( they love you mate. what specs are they??
Both are Asus Z87I-pro one has i7 4770 (non k) the other has a i7 4790 ( non K ) both have 8 gig Corsair 1600 value ram , 1 tb Seagate HDD .
Video cards ( 7870 ) have been stripped , Power supplies are gone .
The SG05 have been ordered .
I quite like the 200 but it does not cool very well ( i could not bring myself to cut it ) and takes up a lot of space for its capability .
I am going to play around with one with a modular Silverstone SFX 450 watt PSU and some different cooling solutions but I am not planning anything extreme .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wow, i got my new TU200 today, was NOT expecting this big of a case! the TU100 is tiny in comparison
redface.gif
now i got my thoughts going, i cant have this big of a case. im going to build it tho, and use it while i go to town on the TU100 to get it working how i want it
smile.gif
cant wait to build!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
800 Posts
I had thought of getting the 200, but I found it too big for me. Laptop drives and slimline odd works just as well as the full sized stuff does.

Put up some pictures though!
 

·
Sexagenarian
C6E R9 3950X 32g DDR4 3200 500gb M.2 2x4gb Toshiba HDD EVGA GTX 1070Ti air cooled ( Noctua NH-D15S )
Joined
·
1,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrdal View Post

wow, i got my new TU200 today, was NOT expecting this big of a case! the TU100 is tiny in comparison
redface.gif
now i got my thoughts going, i cant have this big of a case. im going to build it tho, and use it while i go to town on the TU100 to get it working how i want it
smile.gif
cant wait to build!
The size is the main reason I am dismantling mine - and the fact that the Silverstone SG05 cools better - just did not quite live up to expectation .
 
1 - 20 of 1636 Posts
Top