Overclock.net banner

LIAN LI PC TU100 / 200 owners club

250476 1640
I'd like to gather up all owners of the Lian Li PC TU100 and 200 series cases in this thread.
Here we can share builds, aska questions regarding these cases and share experience.
Hope you all can join and make a fun little (da dum tss) community around these cases !
biggrin.gif

Here are a couple of pictures;

Link to the following spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/175VB3Dx5SqZW0azYR6kQrNdHY79mVCmuoLvNZ4Qd89s/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false

In order to join this club, make a post with the following information:
  • Case model
  • Rig specs
  • Link to Build Log (If applicable)
I will add you to the list as soon as I can!
thumb.gif
1601 - 1620 of 1641 Posts

· The Physical Manifestation of Typos
6,960 Posts
It may need a low profile power connector, but that should fit just fine. I had to get one of those for additional clearance when I switched over to my 1070 Mini. Stock power cable was scratching up my sidepanel window lol

6,960 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Built my 2nd one. Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 2070 Mini, 32 GB Ram, 1tb PCIe 4.0 SSD
See photo for full parts list.
The CPU fan had about 2 sheets of paper clearance between it and the PSU. My son had the idea to turn around the PSU, turn the PSU fan off, and let the CPU fan draw air in thru the PSU. Guess what? Worked like a champ.

Air vents out the top CD tray opening.

Awesome temps. Quiet. Fast and powerful.

Best of all, Gigaybyte updated their B450 boards to PCI 4.0.

SSD runs at 4700 mbs read and 4400 mbs write.

Attachments

6,960 Posts
Built my 2nd one. See photo for parts list.
The CPU fan had about 2 sheets of paper clearance between it and the PSU. My son had the idea to turn around the PSU, turn the PSU fan off, and let the CPU fan draw air in thru the PSU. Guess what? Worked like a champ.

Air vents out the top CD tray opening.

Awesome temps. Quiet. Fast and powerful.

Best of all, Gigaybyte updated their B450 boards to PCI 4.0.

SSD runs at 4700 mbs read and 4400 mbs write.
Looks great man! I am digging that power board that you have for the GPU power. I could have used one of those in my build lol.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone! This forum has been absolutely fantastic brimming with ideas for modding this PC-TU100 case.

I took a pretty quick and dirty approach into modding my case. I ended up sawing a hole to the bottom of the case for a single 120mm fan as well as change the case feet for something less scratchy and higher to improve airflow from the bottom fan to the GPU.

I came across an engineering sample i7-8700T on ebay which was the perfect choice for this limited space case since the CPU is only 35 watts and therefore pretty easy to keep cool. I had a spare horizontal CPU cooler (Absolutely no idea about the brand, probably something cheap from China which outlasted the LGA1155 motherboard it came with).

I also got my hands on a second hand MSI Z370i motherboard for cheap (had a broken SATA port, which was no problem for me whatsoever since I only need one for Bluray drive and 1tb M.2 is enough for my needs).

Full specs of the computer:
CPU: i7-8700T (ES) 35w 6c/12t
Motherboard: MSI z370I Gaming Pro Carbon AC
RAM: 16 gigs of 2400mhz DDR4
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Phoenix OC

PSU: Silverstone SFX 650w

Temps are quite good, too. Ran about an hour of stress testing with 3D Mark and IntelBurnTest. GPU temps didn't increase past 79C degrees and CPU was only at 57C at worst.

Some build pictures here. Pardon the blood stains on the feet, some aluminum shred cut my thumb :D

https://imgur.com/a/DQzBzlm

Attachments

6,960 Posts
Looking good! Where did you source those replacement feet?

6,960 Posts
Hey guys, I finally finished building my pc tu100 build with full custom loop with E5 1660 v3 and gtx 1080ti both watercooled. Hope you like it!
What in the goddamn.

Mark me impressed, I think this is one of the first open loops I have seen in this case. Well done. :applaud:

You need to post a lot more photos, it seems like you have a lot going on in this case.

· Registered
2 Posts
Looking good! Where did you source those replacement feet?
I bought them from my local hardware topped with 8 matching bolts for height adjustment and attachment. I looked for adjustable furniture feet and there I found a decent selection. You might have similar luck around your hardware shops if you're looking for something similar :)

Attachments

· Registered
215 Posts
Hello everyone
It is nice to see the tread still alive. Many are getting my approach of drilling patterns on the case for vent holes which pleased me enormously!
Maby in wintter i try to make a shroud to mount underneath the case for a dual fan AIO on my old second build of TU100 case ad come back poste some pics.
Have fun building mini pcs.

· Registered
68 Posts
To not read the whole thread.. what are the best suggestions for PSU and air cooler with TU100 for ryzen 3700x/3800x? Is it a problem that PSU is in front of cooler?
Also suggestions for MBs are welcome.
Memory also.. should it be some special memory considering cooler width?

· Registered
215 Posts
The usual setup is mini itx cooler like the Noctua NH-L9i with fliped fan, air flow toward to the PSU. SFX PSU like the Silverstone SFX SX650-G or Corsair SF450, the wattage depens on your harware needs. Psu fan is drowing air from inside the case to help the hot air disipation. Memory usage is low profile like Corsair Vengeance LPX for better airflow in the case. Memoryes dont tent to have issues in this case. Happy building !!

· Registered
9 Posts
I've been looking forward to posting my build here! Got lots of ideas an inspiration from this forum and other builds.

Yesterday I finished my Mini ITX build in the Lian Li PC TU-100 case! I was able to achieve GPU bifurcation using a riser and now have 2 cards connects to 1 PCIE slot. (1 Graphics card and 1 Capture Card)

Was quite an undertaking, can see my build log here (build log still in progress) https://www.overclock.net/forum/180...0890-new-build-lian-li-pc-tu100-mini-itx.html

6,960 Posts
Great build log mate! I will have you added to the OP here in a couple days.

· Registered
562 Posts
Just downsized my PC into a Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX build. Technically not the TU100 or 200 but a sibling of those two?

I managed to cram in my NH-D15S with dual fans plus 2x 120mm case fans (one in front for intake, one in rear for exhaust). Running an Asus ROG Strix Z390I board with an i9 9900K and RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra. Massive card just barely fits, but it runs fine albeit hotter than when inside my larger ATX case. My next GPU will likely be a dual slot GPU since I'll be able to install 2x 120mm fans for intake at the bottom of the case which should help air flow.

I'm about to replace the EVGA 650GM power supply with a (non-recalled) Corsair SF750 just to give me some more headroom if need be.

I've always wanted to build a solid Mini-ITX build ever since SFF became an option, very impressed and happy so far. This case was surprisingly very easy to build in.

Attachments

6,960 Posts
You know what? I am willing to include the TU150 in this club. Though the size is a lot closer to that of the TU200 lol. Due to the X00 cases being EOL, I suppose we can call it a successor, though not a spiritual successor.

It's impressive that you can get that kind of hardware into a case of this size. I mean hell, all of the case modding I had to go to to get a tower heatsink into my TU100, it's great to see that larger mITX cases are moving in this direction.

· Registered
5 Posts
So the tu-200 is discontinued. I really like that case. Does Anyone have a used one or know a way to acquire another one? I don't think there is anything that size that still retains the strength. The 150 is great, but a bit more flimsy.

here's my butchered 200 for forum street cred...

1601 - 1620 of 1641 Posts