Overclock.net banner
1621 - 1640 of 1641 Posts

· The Physical Manifestation of Typos
6,960 Posts
Not a bad mod! There are obviously a couple things that could be cleaned up, but I do like the use of diamond plate in the front. Looks like the lower edge can be cleaned up a bit to give it a smoother look.

Something else that may be interesting, you should check out the MNPCTech "Overkill" Grills. Here's an example of one that I could find. They used to make a 2x120mm variant if you could get your hands on them, but I feel like that would tie in with the industrial theming you have on the front of the case.

· Registered
5 Posts
I did contact them, but with the way its designed (120mm, 240mm, 360mm etc), they would have to enlarge it. Its near impossible to find anything decent for 140mm. I challenge you! MNPC were super helpful and said they would quote me for 140mm design of the overkill. The main problem is there would be a sizable space in between the fans because they're separate rad coolers. I have no room to space it out. In fact I have negative room left. the checker plate was all i could get my hands on. I used a sign at first from our work site. The reason a second one would be handy, is that I wouldn't have to keep taking this one apart. I have a lot more aluminum I can work with as well. This is just a roughed up idea.

· The Physical Manifestation of Typos
6,960 Posts
Completely understandable. And I didn't realize those were 140mm, my appologies!

If you can get your hands on another case, that would be really fun to play around with. I am going to be tearing down my TU100 here in a few weeks, so I can rebuild the FlexATX PSU mounting system, and also to upgrade my CPU/Mobo. Not looking forward to this lol

· Registered
5 Posts
Haha np. There isn't a lot of support for 140mm. I just wanted to see if I could do it. I should just have stuck to 120mm for flexibility. You have your work cut out for yourself, that's for sure. I don't think I can cram all my tu200 treats into the 100 without a complete do over.

· Premium Member
1,234 Posts
I do have ONE 140mm ring available.

Been getting a lot of inquires for mounting our machined aluminum feet on the Lian Li TU100 and Lian Li TU200 case

I could include M3 screws and nuts for either of these sets of feet listed below, just mention you have either case in our Customer notes at Checkout.

1. You can use these NCASE M1 feet (case is made by lian li) 1" (25.4mm) diameter x 5/8" (15.8mm) height.

NCASE M1 Custom Case Feet

2. Or BIG feet to elevate case and improve airflow underneath, 1.75" (44.5mm) wide x 1.25" (31.75mm) height.

Lian Li TU150 Mini ITX Case Custom Feet (Set of 4) – Mnpctech

· Registered
15 Posts
Finally completed our fully liquid cooled setup.
3700x OC to 4100Mhz all core
2070 mini OC to 2040Mhz
120mm Cooler master AIO.

Had to cut the side panel. will tidy it up at a later time.

Cyberpunk on all max settings w RTX. 1440 = 77fps, 4k = 45 fps.
Modern Warfare on all max ultra settings, 1440 res. 70 FPS, CPU = 78 degrees and GPU 58 degrees.
After a 10 min cinabench R23 test, CPU was 83 and GPU was 53 degrees.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi there,

Finally finished my TU100 build, build around a Ryzen 7 3700X and a GTX 1650 Super :)

The goal was to get the some silent possible build, without modifying the case !!
No extra holes, no butchering of any sort.

Since the GPU is the main offender noise-wise, and since I did not want to drill fan holes in the bottom panel, I decided to watercool the GPU using a single XSPC TX120 radiator and a Fractal Design X2 GP-12 PWM 120 mm fan.
I fitted a modified EK VGA-Supremacy on the 1650 Super, while the loop is made of 10/6 Koolance tubing and an Alphacool DC-LT pump, fed by a Barrow 50 x 60 mm reservoir.
The VRM are cooled by a Noctua 40mm fan, also extracting the warm air trapped below the GPU.

The CPU is cooled by a Noctua NH-U9S, the most efficient cooler available for this case. Both 92 mm fans are fed by the 120 mm radiator fan and are set to exhaust the air from the case (from front to back).

To be able to do so, I add to replace the SFX PSU by an industrial 12V Meanwell 400W PSU, powering a J-Hack Distro 400 kit, which is essentially a 12V version of HDPLEX PSUs.

The fans are controlled by an Aquacomputer Quadro, best hardware piece I have ever purchased :)

To fit all this gear inside the case, I used the original tray holes to fix an aluminium plate supporting the pump, res, Quadro and Distro 400.
The Meanwell 400W is supported by a cage I built with laser-cut 2 mm aluminium panels, screwed to the cases holes.

Very silent with the following fan settings ; you just hear a very faint woosh :

• Fractal 120 mm fan @ 800 RPM
  • Both Noctua 92 mm fan @ 950 RPM
  • Pump @ 1800 RPM

Ambient temp (inside case) is 20°C, while the water idle temp is 27°C.

Temps are not bad after 15 min of OCCT Power (both CPU and GPU) :

• CPU : stable at 86°C.
  • GPU : stable 49°C. GPU VRM never went above 70°C.
  • Water : stable at 37°C.

Under Octane Render (GPU-based 3D rendering software), the GPU maxed out at 41°C !

Some pics :

· Registered
2 Posts
after two years of sitting on my TU200 I am ready to start my maiden voyage on a rig build.

My main purpose for this is portable game/media system (to avoid the constant “new console” gambit and ensure longevity of the grueling, challenging games of old) anything from OG star/warcraft to Elder scrolls morowind to red dead 2 (novice tho compared to competitive gaming rig builds)

whilst I scan through this thread that is a treasure trove of information for this unique case, I figured I would throw a loaded question on the thread. What motherboards are people finding success with these cases?

for my virgin run I am leaning towards Asus boards for very short sided experience I have with them and reviews (B360 or Maximus VIII. I fell in and out of love very quickly with the Z490 ) and intel for processor (again my first run trying to maximize my success)

any comments/suggestions would be much appreciated , I apologize if there is a more appropriate thread I should post this to

Thanks

· Registered
15 Posts
Hi there,

Finally finished my TU100 build, build around a Ryzen 7 3700X and a GTX 1650 Super :)

The goal was to get the some silent possible build, without modifying the case !!
No extra holes, no butchering of any sort.

Since the GPU is the main offender noise-wise, and since I did not want to drill fan holes in the bottom panel, I decided to watercool the GPU using a single XSPC TX120 radiator and a Fractal Design X2 GP-12 PWM 120 mm fan.
I fitted a modified EK VGA-Supremacy on the 1650 Super, while the loop is made of 10/6 Koolance tubing and an Alphacool DC-LT pump, fed by a Barrow 50 x 60 mm reservoir.
The VRM are cooled by a Noctua 40mm fan, also extracting the warm air trapped below the GPU.

The CPU is cooled by a Noctua NH-U9S, the most efficient cooler available for this case. Both 92 mm fans are fed by the 120 mm radiator fan and are set to exhaust the air from the case (from front to back).

To be able to do so, I add to replace the SFX PSU by an industrial 12V Meanwell 400W PSU, powering a J-Hack Distro 400 kit, which is essentially a 12V version of HDPLEX PSUs.

The fans are controlled by an Aquacomputer Quadro, best hardware piece I have ever purchased :)

To fit all this gear inside the case, I used the original tray holes to fix an aluminium plate supporting the pump, res, Quadro and Distro 400.
The Meanwell 400W is supported by cage I build with laser-cut 2 mm aluminium, screwed to the cases holes.

Very silent with the following fan settings ; you just hear a very faint woosh :

• Fractal 120 mm fan @ 800 RPM
  • Both Noctua 92 mm fan @ 950 RPM
  • Pump @ 1800 RPM

Ambient temp (inside case) is 20°C, while the water idle temp is 27°C.

Temps are not bad after 15 min of OCCT Power (both CPU and GPU) :

• CPU : stable at 86°C.
  • GPU : stable 49°C. GPU VRM never went above 70°C.
  • Water : stable at 37°C.

Under Octane Render (GPU-based 3D rendering software), the GPU maxed out at 41°C !

Some pics :

Full album

nice

· Registered
2 Posts
Satisfied with my virgin build (details below) beyond the obvious travel functions of this awesome case (TU-200) has anyone found a cover or something I protect it further from scratches and whatnot? This is a mobile media hub for me, and would love to be able to strap on the back of myself or my motorcycle without directly touching metal case. Has anyone found or had luck with anything not custom???

continuing to build but functional at the moment. (Kinda white bread build but hey it’s my first)

Asus rog strix z490-I
intel I7 10700 K
(relying on this for graphic at the moment before a designated )
WD black 1tb (with heat sink I had to remove for clearance, will expand memory at later point)
G.skill trident Z 16gb (2x8)
thermaltake toughpower grand 850

any finds to make this sleek case even more mobile would be much appreciated!

· Registered
120 Posts
Hi guys,

as I've searched a lot for a new itx case housing my RTX3080 and did not succeed I gave my TU200 another try. Removed obsolete odd bay.
Installed a 140mm fan inblowing below the bottom. Looking for new feet to elevate the case. GPU temps are surprisingly low. Idle 31°C, gaming 60°C to 75°C.
I wonder if the motherboard tray and the PSU can be shifted higher to offer the GPU more space to breath. But that won't work without a cutout in the rear panel which I conceive as a sacrilege.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hoping people here arent fully dead :) -------------------------------------Also for those who care 3DMark FireStrike Score 15 268
Let me present you my Ryzen 7 5800X build, it was simply too toasty to keep rad inside, (also it didint fit)
Also R9 Nano is pretty toasty too :D
Now because of this Rad setup I could fit a ~240mm card in, (it has been a little modified inside)
Previously had nzxt X51 inside cooling i5-7600K, so my gpu lenght was somewhat limited to ~150mm, Im rn just waiting for gpu prizes to drop :D
(Mid build photo cause you all know what it looks like when everything is back together) Small Boi with a Thiccc Gurll xD
Computer monitor Table Desk Computer Computer keyboard

FULL Specs
Ryzen 7 5800X
Rog Strix B550-I Gaming
Asus R9 Nano 4Gb
Corsair Venegeance 16Gb 3600Mhz
Seasonic SSR-650SGX 80+ Gold
Alphacool Eisbaer LT + Monsta 120mm (80mm thick)

· Registered
5,490 Posts
Is there a separate thread for Lian Li TU-150 builds or are these also sand-witched into this thread somewhere?

Just wondering as TU-150 caught my eye (seeing as TU-100 is, sadly, no longer in production it appears). So went sniffing around for inspiration to see what people have done with one but these are few and far between, it seems.

· Registered
120 Posts
Is there a separate thread for Lian Li TU-150 builds or are these also sand-witched into this thread somewhere?

Just wondering as TU-150 caught my eye (seeing as TU-100 is, sadly, no longer in production it appears). So went sniffing around for inspiration to see what people have done with one but these are few and far between, it seems.
I cannot recommend TU-150. In real life it looks and feels clumsy and oversized. It has no charm like TU-100/ TU-200 in my view. I'll stick with my beloved TU-200 awaiting Raptor Lake if air-cooler will be produced for Z790. There should be a revival for this all-time best looking star of pc cases.

1621 - 1640 of 1641 Posts