Overclock.net banner

Lian-Li PC70 WC log/mod new pics 6/24/09

7190 35
Hi guys,

I am upgrading our 5 year old P4 desktop with a Zalman HSF to the following hardware:

Asus P5E3 deluxe
Intel E6550
OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600mhz
Visiontek 4870 512mb
250gb HDD
Lian-Li PC70 case and some modding

Swiftech MCR320
Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000rpm with 25mm shrouds
Sunbeam Rheobus controller
Laing DDC3.1 w/ XSPC top
Swiftech MCRres v1
Masterkleer 7/16 ID 5/8 OD
Swiftech MCW60 v2(maybe)

Things to do:

Mod side panel and install Acrylic sheet **DONE**
Mod case to fit MCR320 **DONE**
Put WC set up together **DONE**
Put the whole system together

Please give me your suggestions and comments. I would really appreciate it!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I started modding the case and the side panel and I already made some mistakes.Hehehe... but it worked out. Please give me your comments/suggestions. Thanks.
Here are the pics I took from the past few days:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Looks good. Get a handfile and smooth out those edges. It will look a lot better and more professional. I get a medium and a fine grit. I wouldn't go the coarse grit since it might take off more than you want. Smooth it out and it will look great! Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!!

I did try to smooth out the edges by using my Dremel. hehe now I couldnt even see them. hehe.

I will post more pics as soon as I make progress. My WC stuff should be here tomorrow.

Hmmm..somehow most of the pics are now showing up..

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yea, I do the same, but only if the edges are really rough. The dremel can take a lot off so you want to use that as little as possible. I am not seeing straight edges. Hand filing is definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleached
View Post

Yea, I do the same, but only if the edges are really rough. The dremel can take a lot off so you want to use that as little as possible. I am not seeing straight edges. Hand filing is definitely the way to go.

True...

If I trim the sides even more, the plastic moling will be in the way of the screws. Maybe I should do some adjustments.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriztoffer View Post
Keep up the good work!

THanks mate!

I took some pics the other day, so I will be posting it soon.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry guys it took so long. I was only working on my spare time everyday. Today I did a lot of progress.

-I was able to dremel out the top so I could mount my triple rad
-Dremel the motherboard tray for easy CPU block mounting
-Gut out 25mm fans to become shrouds
-install fans and shrouds on the rad
-Mount rad with fans and shrouds in the case
-Mount the res

I had to use 12 inch 6-32 screws and cut them with my pliers. Cutting the screws was already a PITA but trying to put the knot is the worst PITA I've experienced during this WC/mod project because when I cut the 12 inch screws, the thread was getting messed up. I had to use 12 inch screw bec. I did not want to order 3 inch screws from sidewindercomputers and wait for it.

But after seeing the rad mounted in the case I felt so much better.

Now where do you guys think I should mount the pump? Any suggestions? Please see the pics for details.

So here we go:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys!!!

Grrrr...most of the pictures are not showing up.

I will be posting some more cutting pics that I did a few days ago. I have just been stuck doing other stuff so I could not make any progress with my build.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriztoffer View Post
Wow! Ultra kaze's + 21mm shrouds
Awsome!!
I'll be watching this build

I want some Tygon tubing, DD fat boys and XSPC pump acryl top, that pump looks alot better than the mcp655.
Hehe.. I am using Masterkleer 7/16 ID..
I love the DD fatboys. They look fantastic. I have both 655 and 350 right now, but I chose the 350 jsut because I could place it in a better position compared to my 655. Also somehow when I used Martin's flow rate estimator the MCP350 w/ XSPC top is better than the MCP655 by around 0.50 GPM if I remeber it right.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The head pressure on the 350 is stronger than the D5 so if you have a restrictive loop then the 350 makes out. If you have a relatively free flowing non-restrictive loop the 655 makes out a little faster. Speed vs Power.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleached View Post
The head pressure on the 350 is stronger than the D5 so if you have a restrictive loop then the 350 makes out. If you have a relatively free flowing non-restrictive loop the 655 makes out a little faster. Speed vs Power.
Yup Yup...

I am going to have a D-tek Fuzion v2, MCR320, MCR res v1, and possibly an MCW60 v2. I think these components are not that restrictive, but I still like how the MCP350 w/ XSPC top looks like
hehe.. Better positioning too!

The 655 is just a little big in size for me in this wc loop.. hehehe

Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.