Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i'm getting a lian-li and I really like this Pc-60

but I dont know what size the fans are and I really dont like square holes....

but I see the Pc-7... it looks almost I denticle but with no top case fan

good i want to make my top fan .... but I dont know if the Pc-7 has a removeable mobo tray.. can anyone help... O yea and can I put another fan in front

Links

Pc-7
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...112-021&depa=1

Pc-60
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...112-022&depa=1

can You send me some more detailed links or reviews would be great

·
Registered
817 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
I got the PC-6077 myself. The only real differences I can tell between the PC-60 and the PC-6077 are that the 6077 has a front FireWire and microphone port in addition to the 2 USBs, and supports two rear fans. They look similar otherwise. And I can tell you that I am very happy with the 6077, so if you won't miss the ports and don't mind cutting holes to add new fans, then the PC-60 should do you well.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Build quality. Just tuch a Lian-Li case and you can tell it's good.

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Yep. My 6077 looks fantastic, and the brushed aluminum feels great to the touch. It is very light of course, being aluminum. No sharp edges anywhere, as some cheaper cases have. Airflow is great, and the sliding MB tray is very accessible. I can find no fault with it at all.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...hehe I remember when you bought that case vulcan "you fool"

haha wow I was really dumb then

but anyway

I like that fulltower that someone just put up ... its it too tall??

and i need one with out a window.. but I like it cus its just like the pc60 but with more 5.25 drve bays

O and I think that the Pc-7 doesnt have a removeable mobo try ... can anyone tell?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The M/B tray is fixed in the Pc-7.

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Inquisitor

...hehe I remember when you bought that case vulcan "you fool"

Yeah, I was having a hard time justifying spending that much money on a case despite the glowing reviews. I'm glad I did, it's worth the extra cash.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I am going with the Pc-60 ... after I get christmas cash

but yea ... i'm gonna mod the crap outa it

I was really thinking about the full tower of it but it doesnt have a removeable mobo tray

that makes me cry

thanks alot guys for the input

Oh and bye the way that halflife case I have been talking about all year is about to take form in this case

·
Registered
956 Posts
lian-li...i think thats chinese 4 expensive pice of crap, those things are too pricey, considering you are gonna mod it anyway, besides there a plenty of immatation cases for far le$$

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am gonna mod the hell out of it

but... who else makes a solid aluminum case that is just as plain as That lian-li??

and they have a very sleek edge

and who doesnt like the extra 3.25 external drive... it looks cool when you put 3 ccfl switches there lit up

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nayo_450

as i was saying, almost the same case as
the pc-7b, but its $48 cheeper!
Hey i'm just trying 2 save u a little bank,
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...117-031&depa=0

It sure looks a lot like a Lian-Li, I'll give you that. It's hard to tell if it has the same brushed aluminum look from the low-res pictures (you can't see it on the Lian-Li pictures either). But otherwise, I would consider this a strong choice for someone unwilling or unable to shell out Lian-Li prices.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Inquisitor

I really only liked the coolermasters

but they are the same price or more than the lian-li

and yes I was considering a Wavemaster Very Very cirtinly till I saw that the lian-li wasnt outa my ballpark

If you can get a Lian Li you have to get it because it is the best for many reasons, just like the new ATI X850 XT it is definately worth the cost..

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nayo_450

um and in the case of the pc-7 what is so great a bout it, i have
found a case that has a removeable mobo tray for 1/4 the price,
it looks fair for an alumanum case for $27.99!
here: http://www.xpcgear.com/aluminum.html

Look at ventilation, you would have to really cut that case up for good cooling.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts