Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Can I beat your empty shopping cart? Yes we can!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penicilyn View Post
Can I beat your empty shopping cart? Yes we can!
lol darn its early. Screwed that one up i guess...
See less See more
take a screen shot of your shopping cart, upload it to a photo host, and post it here.
We'll take a look then.

at first, I thought you were looking at 4gb of ram and an antec mini-p180...

until I saw my name on there too.
See less See more
2
Quote:

Originally Posted by trogalicious View Post
take a screen shot of your shopping cart, upload it to a photo host, and post it here.
We'll take a look then.

at first, I thought you were looking at 4gb of ram and an antec mini-p180...

until I saw my name on there too.
yeah i just linked it all individually.

I considered the 4830 instead of the 9600gt. How much better is the ATI?
See less See more
3
The mobo is nice. The psu should fine. The ram are awesome , have the same one's(might want to get 1066 since you want a phenom)
But as for the GPU i would go for a 4830 , costs about the same but is a better performer+ a free game

As for the CPU , i would go with the newest tech available atm, meaning PHII
See less See more
I would switch out that CM PSU. I have that model and it was great for about a week. After that, the fan started to crap out on me. I'd go with a corsair in a heartbeat though. The eXtreme series has apparently caught a bad (but deservedly so) reputation... I know that mine is garbage. I picked it up for relatively cheap when CompUSA died a few years ago, so I guess it's a "you get what you pay for" situation on that.
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
2
Quote:


Originally Posted by trogalicious
View Post

I would switch out that CM PSU. I have that model and it was great for about a week. After that, the fan started to crap out on me. I'd go with a corsair in a heartbeat though. The eXtreme series has apparently caught a bad (but deservedly so) reputation... I know that mine is garbage. I picked it up for relatively cheap when CompUSA died a few years ago, so I guess it's a "you get what you pay for" situation on that.


good to know.
See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
3


450$ total - 65$ after Rebate +a free game that's worth 40$(you can sell it on ebay or something
)
I think it's better to get a fast dual core than a weak quad core
See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
2
Quote:


Originally Posted by Akisame
View Post

As for the CPU , i would go with the newest tech available atm, meaning PHII


Argh yeah but i cant get over the BE quad + 4gb ram for 80$(and free shipping). Sure it isnt new the new tech, but its a quad still.
See less See more
If you can afford to wait, the prices on the 4000 series should drop in the next few weeks(maybe a bit more) , with the release of the 40nm RV740 and 55nm RV790
Quote:


Originally Posted by Akisame
View Post

If you can afford to wait, the prices on the 4000 series should drop in the next few weeks(maybe a bit more) , with the release of the 40nm RV740 and 55nm RV790

Yeah it can wait. Its a proposed build for my roommate.

He could always just deal with on board gfx for a while. Unless i find a killer deal on something. Like the x3 710 + 4830 for 125$ http://promotions.newegg.com/AMD/Mar...9%2f478x88.jpg
See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
Nice combo deals, get the 4830+720($162.00)/710($139.00) and a 780g for gaming now , or get a killer mobo+720/710 to get a cheaper GPU later , when the prices drop
Quote:


Originally Posted by Akisame
View Post

Nice combo deals, get the 4830+720($162.00)/710($139.00) and a 780g for gaming now , or get a killer mobo+720/710 to get a cheaper GPU later , when the prices drop

Yeah it looks like the Egg screwed that deal up. Add the 4830 and 710/720 to your cart. You magically get an extra 39.99 off somehow. (unless my math is all screwy)

Im not complaining. With MIR you get the card and the chip for 125$

Both with free shipping. I have to run to class, but someone should post that deal on the "online deals" section.

Got back from class and checked the Egg, they edited the price on that combo deal. Its now 144$ instead of 139$. Still dirt cheap.
See less See more
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top