Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 questions, first one has pics

So I'm going over all my wiring for my lighting, I'm going to have 2 UV ccfls plugged into a on/off switch mounted at the front of the case. the switch itself has a light up ring on the front etc.... The harness I have allows 1 molex into the power supply and the other into the item you are pugging in. I'm just not 100% sure which of the 3 tabs to connect the 2 yellow wires to.

2nd question, I have a standard logisys ccfl bar, 2 actually that both plug into the same inverter. from there it has the power cord which will plug into the outlet from the switch. The other goes into the pci slot switch/brightness controller. How much of this hardware can i bypass. I have a feeling the inverter is mandatory but how can i get rid of the pci slot control.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
On the switch, you will want to do the following:
  • +12V from the supply to the C (common) terminal of the switch
  • NO (Normally Open) to the 12V out to the device
  • NO terminal to the LED+ terminal (assuming the LED s rated for 12V; otherwise you'll need to add a resistor in this wire)
  • LED- to the ground
In terms of the wiring harness that came with the CCFL kit; you certainly need the inverter, but since you are using your own switch, you only need the section of the wiring harness that connects to the inverter (you can eliminate the whole PCI switch). Just wire that connector to the ground and the 12V from the switch (coming from the NO terminal).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts