Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've done a lot of research but can't quite find what I'm looking for. I know it's a hard find; that's why I'm turning to you guys for help! Thanks in advance.

Girlfriend is going back to school soon and the laptop she started using last semester is simply too heavy for her. It's a Dell Inspiron 15-3537. It's a little over 5 lbs.

Specs I'm looking for:

Must be Windows (Chromebooks cannot run her school's exam software.)
Smallest screen size is 13 inches, 14 inches and up is preferable.
No heavier than 4.2lbs, 4lbs and under preferable.
$450 is the maximum - I know it's low, but it's what we can do. Refurbished is OK, used is not.

Any ideas? I'm really striking out here.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, sorry for excluding those details. United States, we're in California.

She watches movies, writes papers, and takes exams. No real gaming to speak of, or photoshop, etc. For what it's worth, she gets frustrated if the computer is not fast enough to be responsive, and we've had some issues with Windows 8 on that i3-4010u. Is fine with Win7 (even prefers it), and doesn't care about a touchscreen.

She says she'll keep it plugged in most of the time, as there are outlets available throughout her school, so battery life isn't super important.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.