Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833124178

I just ordered 2 of those, 1 to replace a WMP54G in my Dell downstairs and another to go into my AMD rig (Ninja_Boy's rig) because the AMD rig had its own wired connection since Time Warner Cable told us it would only cost $5 more a month to add another line but they charged us $49.99 plus $7 for the modem each month! So we're having them take it back so I am adding my brother's computer to my network and also the Dell downstairs gets HORRIBLE reception, it is always at low signal strength so I thought this would help that situation out as well, correct?

Anyways, does anyone have this particular network card? If so can you tell me how you like it, the reviews on newegg seem to like it pretty well, I have to admit that antenna looks huge lol.

EDIT/// Do I have to have a router with SRX technology to benefit from the 3 times more range and speed? Or will this boost the signal from my current WRT54GS router? (802.11G 54MB/s + speedbooster which means it is actually 125MB/s max) Will this thing boost the signal on my current router or will I need a new router too?

·
Registered
604 Posts
It should work for you... If you're not happy with it check out the new Pre-n routers and cards -- you can get decent prices if you search for Pre-n using Froogle.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remonster

EDIT/// Do I have to have a router with SRX technology to benefit from the 3 times more range and speed? Or will this boost the signal from my current WRT54GS router? (802.11G 54MB/s + speedbooster which means it is actually 125MB/s max) Will this thing boost the signal on my current router or will I need a new router too?

You will need a Linksys SRX Router to take advantage of the propriotory technology. D-Link does a similar thing with there systems too.

That card is outrageous. What an antenna array.
I am curious to see your results

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol Bdog, unfortunatly newegg and Fedex have let me down for the first time ever! I ordered on Wednesday with regular shipping which for me usually means I get it the next day, but today is Saturday and i haven't gotten it so it won't be here until Monday! (nooo!) lol but I will be sure to post my results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts