Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best free Linux emulator for DX9 games? Cedega looks good, but its only a trial...

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
well you can get cvs cedega...don't ask me how, but its sorta like beta stuff, and its free I think.

·
Banned
230 Posts
well you can crack it, or you can get an open beta version of one, i know cedega works for ubuntu, what kind of Linux OS do you have?? and honestly i think cedega is worth paying for its only like 5 or 20$

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Cedega is the closest you're going to get to dx9 in linux. Wine is a little buggy in the DirectX department. Note: cedega still isn't perfect, so performance takes a hit and it is known to crash. Sometimes.

I'd recommend paying the fee...come on it's a lot cheaper than Windows XP, and certainly less than any hardware upgrade.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I'm running Ubuntu. And I already have windows, and am not looking to pay anything in the Linux area. I just installed it for fun and to see what I can do with it. I still have windows installed.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry about that. Bwomp969 was on my computer earlier and I forgot he left himself logged on.

That post above by bwomp969 is me.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
WINE would probably be it, but as stated above, it's probably not as fit for playing games as Cedega. If nothing else, it doesn't really support the emulation of copy protection schemes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts