Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
"Linus Torvalds has officially released the version 2.6.32 of the Linux kernel. New features include virtualization memory de-duplication, a rewrite of the writeback code faster and more scalable, many important Btrfs improvements and speedups, ATI R600/R700 3D and KMS support and other graphic improvements, a CFQ low latency mode, tracing improvements including a 'perf timechart' tool that tries to be a better bootchart, soft limits in the memory controller, support for the S+Core architecture, support for Intel Moorestown and its new firmware interface, run-time power management support, and many other improvements and new drivers. See the full changelog for more details."
source

·
Premium Member
8,411 Posts
Really interesting release for ATI users. Finally we have 3D acceleration on r6xx/r7xx class chips. Could not get KMS to work on my main card, but works beautifully on my laptop's 200M, not to mention awesome DRI2. Too bad my ralink card is acting funky with the kernel, so I had to revert until I find a fix.

·

29,532 Posts
CFQ latency improvements? I never noticed that from the commits. Sounds like I'll be trying out CFQ again, as I am currently on BFQ.

Code:
Code:
# uname -r
2.6.32-rc8-zen2-c

1 - 5 of 5 Posts