• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i currently have xp installed and im fed up with spyware crashes corrupt registry and viruses. so im thinking of using linux. but on the other hand im really used to using windows and i have doubts that i will find all the programs i want. i dont really care about the learning curve as i have lots of linux books and it doenst seem so hard.<br />
<br />
first can you please suggest me whether i should stay with xp or go linux<br />
and can you suggestion me a linux which<br />
-is easy on the resources and hardware<br />
-will run executables<br />
-looks l33t

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
I'm not sure if any Linux runs .exe files, that'd help things immensely<br />
<br />
Well, I would say if you're having a lot of issues, go Linux. Ubuntu is the easiest Linux, from what I've heard. I'm having a tough time learning it, too, but we all did when we started with Windows, so with time I'll get used to it. Especially since I don't even have Windows installed... I HAVE to learn how to use Linux.

·
Registered
764 Posts
right ubuntu is probably the best beginer linux, as it is built for linux beginers, however you will still have to use the terminal. I do not know of any linux that runs executables. By the way ubuntu is free

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you want to play games, Linux is still not really a viable option. As for adware/malware related crashes, you're better served by securing your PC than by switching OS's just for the heck of it. XP is plenty stable and can stay up and malware free for extremely long periods of time...provided you're not doing stupid things with it. If you can't figure out the ins and outs of securing an XP box, which is really quite simple, then Linux is going to be a steep learning curve. Additionally, doing things incorrectly in Linux can lead to security openings that are quite large. It may be easier to make Linux extremely secure, but it's just as XP to make it insecure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts