Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have a Corsair H50, although I heard that a proper liquid cooling setup is more efficient and will give you lower temps. At the moment my cpu is idling at about 32 degress celcius when clocked to 4GHz. What would be a basic water cooling setup and what parts would it include? How much will it cost?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
A proper watercooling loop would give you much better temperatures I'm running an E5200 at 3.0ghz which idles at around 25c and at load is 40c-41c

Take a look at my watercooling guide it should help you out a little

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
cpu block, a pump, a resevior, a 240mm radiator, tubing.<-basic cpu only liquid cooling.

for full xtreme, u can get some nb and sb block replace the mobo one.

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CM690
View Post

A proper watercooling loop would give you much better temperatures I'm running an E5200 at 3.0ghz which idles at around 25c and at load is 40c-41c

Take a look at my watercooling guide it should help you out a little

wow nice one!

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would I get a lot better temps than I would with the h50? Couldn't I just add a second 120mm fan on the otherside of the h50's radiator?

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky64
View Post

would I get a lot better temps than I would with the h50? Couldn't I just add a second 120mm fan on the otherside of the h50's radiator?

ya u should get some improvements.with adding another fan
but full custom liquid coolin setup will give better result+higher oc rate

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pm1109
View Post

You can get either a watercooling kit such as this which as all the parts you need like pump,cpu block,resevoir,radiator and tubing such as these for example:

http://www.petrastechshop.com/wacoki.html

Or buy custom parts separately.It really depends what your budget is.

Swiftech make some great watercooling parts.Look out for them in partcular

Check this guide out.Might help you.

http://forums.pureoverclock.com/showthread.php?t=2495

I just want to kick in that you've got to be careful about what kits you buy. Some of them are absolutely terrible. I suspect that the ones at Petra's tech are pretty good, since they specialize in WC gear, but many kits exist out there that you might think are a good deal but will give you nothing but trouble.

My advice to the OP is to stick a pair of nice gentle typhoons or deltas (if you can handle the noise) onto the H50 rad and see how that goes. If that's not good enough, then you might want to consider water cooling.

I say this because a good custom setup or any decent kit is not cheap. It will cost you a lot more money. If you get a pair of really sweet fans for your H50 and you're still not satisfied, you can just move them onto your rad when you go for WC later.

It just seems like overkill to be considering WC for what probably won't be a huge drop in temps unless you're content to deal with the maintenance we need to perform and the expense of the practice of water cooling a PC.

Edit: And I'll give my vote to Swiftech. They don't let me down too often. Very solid stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts