Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my PlayStation 3 just died on me again (Blu-ray), and I'm thinking of DIY'ing it. Does anyone know/have a list of PlayStation 3 lasers which come with certain models? Or are they all the same? I've searched the internet for a list of PlayStation 3 lasers that come with that specific model.

I have a CECHG-04 myself. Does anyone know what model laser comes with it? before I take the PlayStation 3 apart and waste the 1 year warranty which is still on it...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,941 Posts
If you have warranty, it is always better to just send it in. Only DIY if you have no warranty on it, and have nothing to lose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxicrimsonixx View Post
If you have warranty, it is always better to just send it in. Only DIY if you have no warranty on it, and have nothing to lose.
Yeah, but the problem is, it takes 2-3 weeks for the console to be returned to you. And Grand Theft Auto Episodes from Liberty City is coming...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pheatton View Post
Im not sure about the lasers but for most people they just replace the drive itself.
Yeah, that's what I figured out too. They just replace the whole drive, except for the logic board. Thanks though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,080 Posts
Just get it replaced with warranty and maybe they will give you a slim because the originals are out of production.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,163 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by /Ben
View Post

Yeah, but the problem is, it takes 2-3 weeks for the console to be returned to you. And Grand Theft Auto Episodes from Liberty City is coming...

You can wait, bro. It's not worth taking a chance on messing something up, not to mention you will surely be losing the warranty that you do have left. Plus, your fix might not even work for all you know, then you'd be out a warranty too.

Just send it in and wait. You'll live.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: /Ben

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by UnAimed View Post
Just get it replaced with warranty and maybe they will give you a slim because the originals are out of production.
Nah, I don't want a damn slim. They look crap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnAimed View Post
Seems that waiting is not going to be a problem
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/18/gt...-two-weeks-du/
Thanks for that. A local customer told me that. But I was skeptical about it. i guess it's for real now... REP+.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriplePlay View Post
You can wait, bro. It's not worth taking a chance on messing something up, not to mention you will surely be losing the warranty that you do have left. Plus, your fix might not even work for all you know, then you'd be out a warranty too.

Just send it in and wait. You'll live.
Yeah, if Grand Theft Auto Episodes from Liberty City really it delayed, I'll just send it to SONY.

Thanks you two. Both REP+.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top