Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Twin Turbski
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, thats the AMD OEM 970 BE processor, which was released as a quad core Phenom II. Zosma core chips actually have 6 cores, and sometimes you can get lucky and unlock the two hidden cores, making this chip faster than AMDs flagship, 1100T in base clock.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
22,362 Posts
Venice 3000+ cus first build nostalgia

or X4 960T cus I rarely win the silicon lottery and this one was semi-literally golden, unlocked to an X6 and managed a 4.8 suicide run on ambient

never owned one but I always thought Cedar Mill Pentium 4s were neat cus they were the first to regularly OC to 4.0 at a time where AMD struggled to hit 3.0. they kinda sucked tho

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,616 Posts
Q6600, will always have a special place in my heart.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
That’s easy. The Intel® Core™ i9-11900K. There’s no question about it.

• Rep+
Reactions: storm-chaser

·
Robotic Chemist
4,099 Posts
AMD Thunderbird, those things were amazing. :cool:

That’s easy. The Intel® Core™ i9-11900K. There’s no question about it.
Bah, that isn't what the question is about. Bad answer. ;)

·
jones bones
285 Posts
I loved my old sandy bridge 2500k. I had it oc'ed to [email protected] it passed intel burntest on highest settings 20 passes.
but this 5800x blows me away...wow.

·
Networking Nerd
2,391 Posts
Pentium 4 as that was THE CPU to have when I got my first real PC.

Phenom 965 as that was my first foray into OC'ing.

·
Iconoclast
31,436 Posts
Toss up between my K6-III+ 450 and my best Pentium E2140. Former makes a killer retro DOS system and really extended the life of Super Socket 7. Latter is still the best OCer of any part I've ever owned...stable ~110% overclock on an 80 dollar board with an Intel boxed cooler for a higher-end chip.

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
AMD Opteron 185 on my Asus A8n32-SLI Deluxe with Corsair 3500LL Pro Ram

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had a dual pentium 3 500mhz, was nothing special and I was like 12 but I thought it was the coolest thing in the world having dual processors. I think they were the slot versions that went in like RAM does.

Later on I got the first 64bit cpu, the 2800+. Wasn't impressed at all. Things back then didn't really have the wow factor. Probably because hdd's are garbage. I had a phase where I went through lots of 15k rpm scsi things, again, never a wow factor. The scsi daisy chain addressing was kinda neat..having a ribbon cable with like 10 connections.

Ended up in procurement at a small company and dug up a Lenovo with an i3 3220. Swear that thing would do anything office-wise I could throw at it in the blink of an eye. I was very impressed with it.

I don't recall what I had after that but at some point I had an i3 7350k and I was running my 4k monitor on gta with 2 1080ti's and I thought it was so cool a dual core could do it, although I had it at 5ghz while doing it.

Ran a couple 7700k's, meh. 8700k was pretty impressive. 8600k just as impressive. 9600k not impressed. 10600k not impressed. 10700 impressed by how low it would undervolt. 10850k impressive cost/performance. 10900k very very nice beast.

Overall.........

Probably the 3220 or 7350k i3's. I am not a fan of throwing cores at a problem (don't look at my sig, shut up lol) and enjoy pushing unsung heros to hero levels. The g3258 pentium that was all the rave a few years back sounded very enticing but I never got one.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I had a dual pentium 3 500mhz, was nothing special and I was like 12 but I thought it was the coolest thing in the world having dual processors. I think they were the slot versions that went in like RAM does.

Later on I got the first 64bit cpu, the 2800+. Wasn't impressed at all. Things back then didn't really have the wow factor. Probably because hdd's are garbage. I had a phase where I went through lots of 15k rpm scsi things, again, never a wow factor. The scsi daisy chain addressing was kinda neat..having a ribbon cable with like 10 connections.

Ended up in procurement at a small company and dug up a Lenovo with an i3 3220. Swear that thing would do anything office-wise I could throw at it in the blink of an eye. I was very impressed with it.

I don't recall what I had after that but at some point I had an i3 7350k and I was running my 4k monitor on gta with 2 1080ti's and I thought it was so cool a dual core could do it, although I had it at 5ghz while doing it.

Ran a couple 7700k's, meh. 8700k was pretty impressive. 8600k just as impressive. 9600k not impressed. 10600k not impressed. 10700 impressed by how low it would undervolt. 10850k impressive cost/performance. 10900k very very nice beast.

Overall.........

Probably the 3220 or 7350k i3's. I am not a fan of throwing cores at a problem (don't look at my sig, shut up lol) and enjoy pushing unsung heros to hero levels. The g3258 pentium that was all the rave a few years back sounded very enticing but I never got one.
You mean these
Circuit component Audio equipment Computer hardware Electronic instrument Engineering

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've never really given it much thought. It would probably have to be the very first proc I purchased. The good old intel pentium 1 200mhz. My best friend's father at the time had brought home some old decomissioned 75mhz pentiums and 486's and we used them to build a little warcraft 2/doom2 lan room in his attic. Natrually I had to upgrade mine as much as I could so I got on ebay and found the 200mhz cpu, voodoo 2, and a whopping 16mb of ram. Being able to play Unreal Tournament like I was a boss. ha.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Intel X5670. 6-core from back in 2010.

Ran it for so long until January 2021. It was still adequate for my needs, except that it didn't support AVX instructions which I required for my VR headset and controllers.

The other groundbreaking one that I had was the Athlon Thunderbird C 1000. An easy overclock to 1333 using the pencil trick to get the corresponding +33% performance increase.

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,446 Posts
AMD Athlon II X4 640. The Zosma version ADX640WFK42GR Unlocks to a Phenom II x6 1405T. They sell now for $16 on ebay. :)

• Love
Reactions: storm-chaser
1 - 20 of 108 Posts