Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just started leak testing my system and I see a few little bubbles moving around my system. I got rid of all the major bubbles, but the pump seems to be running a little louder now and I don't know if an air pocket is trapped in there or something. It seems to be running good with no leaks so far so I was just wondering if that's just how it is. I'm running just distilled water btw, with an MCP655 pump.

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
It will quiet down over time and all bubbles will be removed. Just be sure to leave the cap off your res/t line while leak testing to purge the remaining air.

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
Leak testing is personal opinion, I usually run 24hrs, or a tad more if theres still air in the system. Lightly tapping the tubes, shaking the rad, and tilting the case will help speed up the bleed process.

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Yeah the bubbles eventually just worked themselves out of my loop. Took about a day, maybe a bit more

·
The Newt in Overclock.net
3,000 Posts
I never leak test. Just triple check everything.
Fire it up and sit ready to kill the power.
Never had a leak and I tear this thing apart quite frequently.

If the 655 is the variable speed model, turn the speed all the way down, then ramp it up for a few seconds, then drop it back down. that helps dislodge air in the radiator for me.
Also, giving the system a good shake while it's running. Just make sure your PCI-e cards are very secure.

The air bubbles will take a few days to fully get worked out.

*edit* oops, looks like U solved it

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is my first loop so I knew I was gonna leak test for a while before I had enough confidence to mount it but it's been running for a few hours now with no leaks, bubbles working themselves out and I'm starting to get REAL excited lol. I'll wait till after my racquetball game to at least give it a few more hours of consistent running and mount it up. Then snap a few pics and post them up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts