·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
name your setup
Voltage
Llc on or off?
Period using it?

Also isn't it just vdroop disabled? Like doing a pencil mod on say a780i motherboard?

·
Iconoclast
30,644 Posts
As far as I can tell LLC removes the design vdroop entirely, and then removes voffset under load as well.

It's very similar to a pencil mod, but you may have more control with the mod. Set the right resistance and you could have whatever droop you desire.

Some boards, like my P5Q deluxe, go overboard with vdroop. I cannot OC with this board without LLC as the offset + droop is more than a tenth of a volt. If it was .05v, I'd keep the droop, but I can't do much with 0.12v lower than what I set.

So yes, I do use LLC. In my case it's the lesser of two evils. I just have to be careful not to set my vcore too high while using it.

·
Nobody
6,466 Posts
Well I run Q9550 on a Rampage Formula and if I don't use LLC I can't do squat with it.

Anyway, here's how I run it.

Vcore= 1.32v
LLC= on and it hits 1.328vcore(load) and 1.318vcore(idle)

I have used it on my E8400 for about 2 months and then on my Q9550 for I think I've had it 2 months now maybe, heck I can't remember.

Now about the vdroop disabled, like Blameless said it takes voffset and vdroop out which Intel factor in their specifications. Apparently it is really bad to use though as it causes crashes at idle and will burn up your cpu. So use LLC with caution as many have had nothing but disaster from it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
my quad maxes out at around 3.8 on this nvidia board. for my 24/7 clocks, i have it set to 1.175 in bios, that translates to 1.070 under load.
1.3625 in bios translates to 1.22 under load, which results in 3.8
1.4 in bios doesnt help, the board cant really run fsb much higher than 450 with 8gb's of ram and a quad core.

id go over, but then its feeding more volts than i like at idle clocks (within .01 of what i set)

for kicks, i put the same chip in my ep45-ud3p and oc'd it to kill some time. with LLC on, 1.3625 in bios results in about 1.35 load/idle, which with some tweaking on the board and fsb volts, yields a clock of 4.2, all with volts that id be comfortable running 24/7.

·
Iconoclast
30,644 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
i use it too?
but could turning it off help with stability any?
Possibly, though you would likely have to set a higher VID to compensate.

If you get crashes at the end of benchmark runs or test loops, LLC could be the cause (due to the unusually high voltage spike when going from load to idle).

·
Registered
240 Posts
really though ive only seen that type of crashing on one asus board (P5E), and the three other P5E's ive built for people didnt do it. i ended up RMA'ing that board for another reason later (it blew a mosfet running a B3 quad at stock speeds, lasted for a few months only) and the one that came back from asus didnt crash with LLC.

i'd be inclined to say that if youre having an issue with LLC that you likely have a lemon for a mobo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts